148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Tam & Tao in Numberland is an interactive app designed to teach numbers using the Montessori method.
What's NewFree update:
- a fun new game to practice counting with your fingers on the iPad (available on iOS7 only)! Tap the last tab on the new menu to try it out.
- a sandbox to practice writing numbers freely
App Description$1.99 instead of $3.99 this week!!! An Award-winning Montessori based number app for pre-K children, with 10 beautifully animated scenes, to learn numbers from 0 to 9.
Each scene will give your child the possibility to:
- See how to write a number, hear and learn its name and count objects to reinforce the learning,
- Practice writing numbers on a digital notebook using color pencils,
- Learn to count with Montessori* material such as number rods and spindles to understand the notion of quantity,
- Learn in different languages by switching languages on the home page,
- Save his/her artwork by touching the camera.
* The Montessori Method relies on autonomy and self-confidence. Children should explore the app by touching as many objects as possible, with the support of their parents.
For children aged 3 to 5 years old.
Video demo: http://vimeo.com/79656929
What others say about Montessori Numberland:
* Featured in Apple's iPad ad campaign in Canada, Germany and France
* A Gold Medal winner of the 2011 Parents' Choice award!
* "One of my all-time favorite apps. A smart, interactive, and highly layered app for learning" –- Wired - Geek Mom
* "This app gets an easy 5. It’s perfect for what it does."
* Rated five stars out of five "This is a fabulous math app for young children" ---Common Sense media
We founded Les Trois Elles Interactive to bring our classroom experience with hundreds of children to the Digital world of tablets. As certified teachers, our aim is to develop a range of truly educational as well as beautiful apps based on the Montessori Method. All our apps can be used at home or in class. They can also be used by speech therapists.
Although our apps are designed for children to play on their own, we always recommend that parents guide them at least for the first usage.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps.
SUPPORT/FEEDBACK: For any technical support or just to give us your feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
November 15, 2013 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
November 15, 2013 New version 4.0
October 16, 2013 New version 3.5
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
September 26, 2013 New version 3.4
August 25, 2010 Initial Release