- Bidding UI now larger and does not obscure scoring pyramid
- Improved readability of welcome and scoring help text
- Changed font for numbers to make them easier to read
- Moved game menu buttons into a single pop-up menu
Become a member of the infamous Medici family and compete to see who can make the most money in a no-holds-barred bidding war.
"[...] works amazingly well as an [iOS] app. Medici is a wonderful game and a true antidote to button-mashing video games." - TUAW
"We have yet to come across a Reiner Knizia title that we did not fall in love with, and Medici is no different. [...] a great value, earning 4.5 [out of 5] Dimples." - AppSmile.com
"Medici is in an excellent position to provide a boardgame experience for multiple human players [...] I don’t see this app coming off my [device] any time soon." - BoardGameNews.com
"[...] the gameplay rewards surpass other games — many of which are deleted once beaten. [Medici] represents a great step forward in board game ports for more serious board game fans." - BlogCritics.org
You are merchants in the fiercely competitive, but wealthy age of the Medici family. Your ships sail throughout the known world selling the goods you buy. Every day you go to the market where you must compete with other merchants for the merchandise available that day.
As lots are purchased they are immediately loaded onto the waiting ships so that the ships may depart as soon as the market closes and the tide is high.
When the ships set sail to deliver their merchandise to foreign ports, the merchants gather to calculate their earnings for the day. A merchants earnings are based on the total value of the goods they bought and the number of each commodity compared to the other merchants.
With no setup time required, no pieces to lose, and no arguments about the rules, the future of board games is here and Medici gives you exactly what you want -- to play!
How to Play:
Combining deep strategy with an intuitive and beautiful interface, Medici is easy to learn but hard to master. Choose your favorite of nine different historically-based Medici characters, and then discover their true personalities as you compete against them in solo play.
On a players turn, they open crates on the dock, then auction them off to the highest bidder. At the end of each day, Florins are paid out to the merchants with the most valuable shipments and who have shipped the most of each commodity. The player with the most money at the end of the three days is the winner!
No set up required
Fast, easy, and fun game play for 3 to 6 players
Stunning HD graphics
Support for 3 modes of play: solo, "pass and play", and "hotseat" (around the table) play
9 different historically-based Medici characters to choose from
9 different AI opponents to compete against
Complete rules and game guide
Play your own iPod music
Dr. Reiner Knizia is one of the world's most prolific and best-known board game designers, and this version of one of his top titles has been fully approved and endorsed by him.
Sage Board Games is an independent software developer, focusing on bringing award-winning and classic board games to mobile devices. With a veritable "who's who" of Euro games already licensed, Sage Board Games is poised to become the premiere source of board games for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
Visit us: sageboardgames.com
Follow us: twitter.com/sageboardgames
Like us: facebook.com/sageboardgames
Please send us your feedback and requests, and rate the game once you've bought it.
- July 25, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- August 08, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 27, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- August 30, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- September 23, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- October 10, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 17, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 14, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 28, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 21, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 02, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- February 01, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 21, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 08, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99