• iCloud support! Now you can sync files between Textastic for iPad, iPhone and Mac using iCloud. You can still save your files in the local file system if you prefer.
• added SASS/SCSS syntax highlighting
• support for x-callback-url and the following actions: new, open, append, replace - more details can be found in the online manual
• FTP: added new connection modes that don't try to use EPSV/EPRT modes. Some server configurations didn't work properly with those extended connection modes.
• The target directory selection screen when moving files now uses expandable folders and supports moving files to iCloud.
• Updated to TextExpander SDK 2.0. Added support for the new fill-in snippets.
• if you are using a dark theme, Textastic now uses a white scrollbar
• the cut and paste options are now enabled even when you select text without bringing up the on-screen keyboard
• Sometimes it could happen that the app was not finished saving a file before the preview screen was shown. In that case, the previous version of the file was displayed.
• There was a very rare and hard to reproduce error that would result in a file being overwritten with the contents of another file. With the help of feedback from users, the problem could be found and is now fixed. In addition, more security checks are now peformed saving files.
• Sometimes the text selection loupe appeared rotated. This should be fixed now.
• Markdown headlines with level 3 or more were shown incorrectly in the symbol list
** Also have a look at Textastic on the Mac App Store! **
App DescriptionTextastic is a fast and versatile text, code and markup editor supporting syntax highlighting of over 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to FTP, SFTP and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox account. Use the built-in WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
It's the perfect app to view and edit your website and source code files at home, in the office or on the road.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 languages:
• Compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV and Dropbox clients
• WebDAV server
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, CP 1251 or MacRoman
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Customizable font and font sizes
• Undo & Redo
• Find & Replace
• File information like character count and word count
• Send files by email
• Local and remote web preview for html and Markdown files
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
Textastic supports several ways to import your files:
• Over USB via iTunes File Sharing
• By using "Open In" in other apps
• Connect to (S)FTP and WebDAV servers and Dropbox
• Over Wi-Fi with the built-in WebDAV server
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
September 26, 2013 New version 4.4.1
September 11, 2013 New version 4.4
January 17, 2013 New version 4.3
December 16, 2012 Price Decrease: $8.99 -> $4.99
October 27, 2012 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
October 13, 2010 Initial Release