- Decimal values for age, height, and weight now supported.
- Completely redesigned look and feel of application for improved user experience and more efficient data entry.
- The application now also provides normal vital sign ranges based on patient age and (in the case of blood pressure) height
- Retina display support added
After a brief hiatus for life transitions (new job, new house, new baby), Pediacents is back in the App Store! To Celebrate our return, and the holidays, Pediacents is FREE now through New Year's Day.
Look for a new version coming early 2013.
PediaCents is a pediatric point of care tool for calculating blood pressure percentiles, height and weight percentiles, BMI, BMI percentile, and Body Surface Area for patients aged 1 to 20 years.
This software tool provides simple access to blood pressure percentiles calculated from the regression formulas published in The Fourth Report on the Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents. (Pediatrics, 114(2): 555-576.)
If you want to know how high your pediatric patient's blood pressure is, simply enter their blood pressure, age, height, and gender and the app will calculate the percentiles for you. Alternatively, you can see what the blood pressure cutoffs are--given a patient's age, height and gender--for any percentile you desire (e.g., 95th percentile cutoffs).
The app also displays the percentile for the the patient's height, weight, and BMI. And normal vital sign ranges are also calculated.
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.0
- December 11, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- January 03, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99