- Minor bugs fixed
Celebrate the beauty of our world!
This app was recently selected as one of the top 50 apps of all time in Apple’s new Hall of Fame. With 30,000 awe-inspiring photos, this much loved app has been called the world’s largest photo book, an inspiring travel guide, an entertaining teaching device and even a bed-time relaxation tool.
Created in cooperation with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, Fotopedia Heritage provides a virtual passport to the hundreds of sites that constitute the world’s collective cultural and natural human legacy.
Enjoy and share a daily dose of stunning views with these fun features:
• Point-of-Interest Descriptions - Learn about each World Heritage site with thorough descriptions by the UNESCO and Wikipedia.
• Travel Planning - Keep track of destinations in Favorites.
• Instant Slideshow - Transform your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch into an endless, beautiful photo frame.
• Wallpaper - Choose from thousands of high-resolution photos for use on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
• Social Media - Share your favorite images via email, Facebook and Twitter.
• Search & Navigation - Explore the beauty of our world effortlessly with Smart Tags, Smart Previews, Search boxes and Interactive Maps.
• Retina Display - Experience the beauty of our world as a spectacular visual experience.
With our thanks to the Fotopedia community of photographers who created or contributed so many of the world’s most beautiful and representative photos, while curators carefully sorted and selected them to provide a stunning experience.
Let’s be friends: www.facebook.com/fotopedia or @fotopedia on Twitter.
- "I love the app because it lets me dream about traveling to places around the world. It also lets me show my kids different historic sites around the world. It’s like a new kind of atlas with thousands of photos at your fingertips." - Robert Scoble
- "The Fotopedia photo book app goes well beyond what any conventional coffee table photo book can offer, making more than 20,000 high quality images of World Heritage sites available literally at your fingertips." - Erick Schonfeld (TechCrunch)
- "The photography is inevitably stunning and the information included easily means the app is -- probably without even trying -- one of the best travel guides currently available." - tnooz.com
- @wildpeeta Fotopedia...Travel without moving ;-)
- @paukee if you ask me, Fotopedia is one of the best and most interesting iPhone/iPad apps ever!
- @woischnik Another great app that makes me want to buy an iPad.
- @frankguillen: Fotopedia launched a delicious and user-friendly iPad app. It's a joy... too cool to be free .
- July 24, 2014 New version 4.4.1
- January 31, 2014 New version 4.4
- October 15, 2013 New version 4.3.4
- June 01, 2013 New version 4.3.3
- May 21, 2013 New version 4.3.2
- December 13, 2012 New version 4.3.1
- November 02, 2012 New version 4.3
- October 10, 2012 New version 4.2.2
- September 28, 2012 New version 4.2.1
- September 25, 2012 New version 4.2
- April 26, 2012 New version 4.1.1
- March 29, 2012 New version 4.1
- January 27, 2012 New version 4.0
- October 18, 2011 New version 3.8.1
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.8