â€˘ Fix for rare startup crash.
â€˘ 4 new achievements!
â€˘ Multi-language support: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Inuktitut, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and English.
â€˘ Minor UI changes and fixes.
App Description** Apple's iPad Game of the Year and featured in the App Store Hall of Fame! **
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and growâ€”but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed!
â€śThe ultimate ambient experienceâ€ť â€” Gizmodo
â€śBeyond doubt, a work of genius" â€” GameAndPlayer.net
you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more.
â€śNamed as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em upâ€ť â€” WeDoCode
â€śWhether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.â€ť â€” App Store review
AWARDS / recognition:
* "iPad Game of the Year" and "iPhone App of the Week" â€” Apple
* Apple Design Award winner (iPad version)
* #1 Top iPhone Game â€” IGN
* iPad Game of the Year â€” TUAW
* Game of the Year â€” Create Digital Music
* Editor's Choice â€” Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more...
* Best in Show â€” IndieCade
* Vision Award â€” Independent Games Festival
* Coolest Atmosphere â€” IGN
* Best Soundtrack â€” IGN
* Most Innovative Game â€” Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer
* Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more...
* New: Multiplayer! (more info below.)
* 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles.
* Full Retina & 4-inch screen support.
* Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more.
* Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoomâ€¦
* Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
* Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge.
* Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyteâ€¦ and the deadly Ferax.
* Earn 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements, with Game Center integration.
* Progress synced via iCloud.
*** NEW MULTIPLAYER ***
* Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi or Bluetooth), or over the Internet!
* 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducingâ€¦ Antimatter Impasse.
* iPad vs. iPhone play supported.
â€śa beautiful, absorbing experience." â€” IGN
5/5 - Macworld Editorâ€™s Choice - â€śOne of the best games weâ€™ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.â€ť â€” MacWorld
â€śThe best iPad game yet.â€ť â€” IGN
4/4, Must Have - â€śWe are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPadâ€¦ The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplisticâ€¦ every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just wonâ€™t find another experience quite like it.â€ť â€” Slide To Play
â€śWhat iPad Gaming Should Be All Aboutâ€ť â€” Gizmodo
â€śThe first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.â€ť â€” Wired
â€śItâ€™s the best iPad game on the App Storeâ€ť â€” MTV Multiplayer
5/5 - â€śOsmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.â€ť â€” AppAdvice
â€śBeyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.â€ť â€” GameAndPlayer.net
September 22, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
March 21, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 22, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
August 05, 2010 Initial Release