What's NewFix for Videos
App Description*In celebration of the most recent Opus DIgital app - The Peter Lik Opus HD - we are temporarily reducing the price of The Saatchi Gallery Opus app to just $2.99.*
Opus is a collection of large-format, limited edition luxury printed publications. These highly-desired titles are now being recreated digitally by Opus in our series of apps for iOS: every page, every image, every word, now on your device.
The Saatchi Opus
The Saatchi Gallery first opened in a disused paint factory in Boundary Road, London, in 1985 and its influence on art in Britain and around the world has been felt ever since. The gallery shows the most interesting artists of the day, often acting as a springboard to artists unknown at the time, and has attracted much attention from both critics and the public – along with plenty of controversy.
Any history of the Saatchi Gallery is a record of three decades of contemporary art, and the Saatchi Opus, produced in full cooperation with the Saatchi Gallery, is its definitive chronicle. Now you can explore the Saatchi Opus in an incredible new digital multimedia edition specially created for the iPad.
The original Saatchi Opus is a stunning 800-page publication, strictly limited to 950 copies, each personally signed by Charles Saatchi. The iPad edition recreates all of the content of the Opus, and includes exclusive media and features.
- Divided into sections reflecting the gallery’s different phases and exhibitions, including the infamous Sensation and controversial Young British Artists, as well as The Triumph of Painting and New Chinese Art.
- An opportunity to relive the gallery experience through previously unpublished installation shots of Boundary Road, County Hall and the new Saatchi Gallery at the Duke of York's Headquarters, Chelsea.
- Covering three decades of contemporary art featuring over 150 international artists including Jake and Dinos Chapman, Tracey Emin, Lucian Freud, Damien Hirst, Jeff Koons, Sarah Lucas, Brice Marden, Ron Mueck, Bruce Nauman, Paula Rego, Jenny Saville, Andy Warhol, Rachel Whiteread, Zhang Xiaoghang and many more.
- Exclusive essays by leading art critics Richard Cork and Brian Sewell, Sir Norman Rosenthal, former Secretary of Exhibitions at The Royal Academy of Art, and actor and devoted art collector Steve Martin.
The iPad App
- Browse the Opus with our unique Digital Opus format, specially created for the iPad
- Every page of the Opus is reproduced in high-resolution, allowing you to zoom in and examine each artwork close up
- Quickly access content through intuitive and simple navigation
- Read captions for each artwork
- Over three hours of audio narration
- Almost 100 video clips from the Saatchi Gallery’s archives bringing the artworks to life
- Bookmark your favourite pages
Owners of this app are entitled to an exclusive discount on the purchase of The Saatchi Opus.
Don’t have an iPad? The Saatchi Opus is also available as an app for iPhone and iPod Touch.
April 15, 2011 New version 1.5
August 09, 2010 Initial Release