148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: COMPLICATED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Strange doesn't quite sum up Reactable, but it is the closest word that I can find that describes the worlds most unique music player.
What's New2.2.1 - Fixes Crash in devices running iOS 5.1 and below.
2.2.0 - New Major update! Includes several new features including:
1. Complete redesign of the sequencer object:
Create more complex musical ideas better than ever before, with increased available octaves from one to five, and the possibility of making different length notes inside your sequences. Which can now span into multiple bars giving you extra room for creativity. After you’re done you can navigate through them using the new user interface to scroll or jump directly to a specific location using the scroll bars. There is also a piano roll feedback for easy reference of the current sequence.
2. New polyphonic sampler format inside the Sampleplay objects:
Create new instruments and sound banks using your own samples. Simply assign each sample to its corresponding note and play them as usual, the intermediate steps get pitch shifted to their corresponding notes; each sampler has a polyphonic envelope control that allows you to modify the way these samples get played.
You can also save the sound bank and reuse it in your future tables or download tables and increase your musical palette.
3. Added virtual keyboard subpanel
New virtual keyboard panel allows you to instantly trigger notes. Use it in combination with the sampleplay objects to perform live or with the sequencer to compose musical phrases on the fly.
4. Added bluetooth headphone setting.
Go into settings and connect your paired bluetooth headphone with reactable mobile.
App DescriptionCreate and improvise music in an intuitive and visual way. This app brings the full creative power of the internationally awarded interactive Reactable instrument used by renowned musicians like Björk to your mobile device.
All Reactable mobile users get access to exclusive content. Download and remix original tables by Oliver Huntemann, Nortec Collective Bostich+Fussible, Amo+Navas, Gui Boratto and many more.
• Top 10 Music App Worldwide by App Store
• New And Noteworthy by Apple
• Featured in Best Music Apps by iTunes Rewind
• App of the week and Hall of fame App
• 2nd and 3rd Best Music App Ever by Best App Ever
• Interactive category nomination by BI Designs of the Year
*Reactable Mobile* enables you not only to create your own sound tables but also to act as producer by remixing tables of fellow Reactable musicians, adding your personal touch and share it again in a seamless way.
Based on the very same audio and graphics engine as the Reactable, the mobile version brings a complete range of objects to multi-touch devices:
• Generate sound with a set of generator objects including are loop players, synthesizers, oscillators and input object.
• Modify generated sounds with a set of effect objects including wave shapers, delays, modulators and filters.
• Modify other objects parameters with a set of controller objects including sequencers, LFOs and accelerometer.
• Modify the settings of the entire table with a set of global objects including tempo, volume and tonalizer.
The new version gives you mobile access to the brand new *Reactable Community* where you’ll be able to listen and remix tracks created by your friends and musicians, to watch videos of their performances, to comment and to share your favorites.
“Reactable for the iOS is awesome! If you are into synthesis it’s a must have app. I’ve been jamming all night!” — Jordan Rudess
“[…] a quality product for people serious with their music making.” — Chris O’Shea
Note: as this application uses both graphic and audio resources extensively, recent devices will provide the best user experience.
February 28, 2014 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
October 25, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
October 12, 2013 New version 2.2.1
October 02, 2013 New version 2.2.0
October 02, 2010 Initial Release