What's NewNotable changes (please read important note below):
* bug fixes including a bug fix that affects row generation in mirrors standard mode, mirrors two player mode, and barriers two player mode
* falling debris tweak
* barriers two player mode row generation tweak
IMPORTANT: Scores for mirrors standard mode are not comparable with previous versions. The local leaderboards and local best for that mode will be reset on your device; if you have a saved game in progress in that mode, it will be lost.
If you like DropZap 2, please rate/review it in iTunes every time there's an update. Under iOS 5, you can rate DropZap 2 via a Game Center leaderboard from within the app.
App Description"Few games can keep my attention as much as this one did..." - Gaming Irresponsibly
DropZap 2 is a NOT a color matching game! Rather, you SHRINK pieces until they disappear!
If you are a fan of the original DropZap -- or games such as Tetris, Drop7, etc. -- then you will definitely want to check out DropZap 2!
DropZap 2 has two game types. One game type builds on the original DropZap gameplay by adding mirrors that reflect lasers. The other game type builds on the original DropZap gameplay by adding barriers that block lasers from reaching other pieces.
DropZap 2 supports Game Center (subject to availability on your device).
Please note that global scores require Game Center.
HOW TO PLAY
Tap/drag to select the column where you want the circle to land. When any piece lands, it SHRINKS pieces below and sideways. The smallest piece, colored red, disappears when shrunk.
In the mirrors game type, mirrors reflect lasers. In the barriers game type, squares stop lasers from reaching other pieces.
In both game types, gaps stop lasers from reaching pieces.
Your game ends when the grid is full or piece(s) go beyond the top.
When a piece disappears, any piece(s) above it will fall, potentially resulting in other pieces disappearing, and so on. Chain reactions can be quite elaborate and are an integral part of gameplay.
(1) Standard: Remove (at least) 50 pieces to proceed to the next level.
(2) Relentless: There is only one level that never ends.
(3) Action: Remove (at least) 50 pieces to proceed to the next level. Quick thinking is required.
(4) Relentless Action: There is only one level that never ends. Quick thinking is required.
(5) Two Players: This a split-screen mode where two players compete using the same device. The player who scores at least 1000 more points than his/her opponent or outlasts his/her opponent wins.
GAME CENTER AND LOCAL SCORES
Single player game modes have global scores via Game Center. You can see previous local scores from single player games whether or not you use Game Center.
"For just 99 cents DropZap 2 is a must have for anyone who loves puzzle games." - iCasual
Background images credit: NASA/courtesy of nasaimages.org.
Uses cocos2d for iPhone.
cocos2d license: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/license
CocosDenshion Copyright (c) 2010 Steve Oldmeadow; license: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/wiki/doku.php/cocosdenshion:license
February 24, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
October 19, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 04, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
October 23, 2010 Initial Release