What's New- Now offers option to disable Background Updates during setup
- Now offers option to disable Background Updates NextStop Preferences in the Settings App
- Now refreshes active view when updated realtime information is received
App Description*** Now includes realtime arrival estimates for the 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Grand Central Shuttle ***
NOTE: Realtime functionality is experimental. For realtime FAQs see http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime/
Please contact email@example.com for any questions or issues
- Recently featured on NY1 http://bit.ly/sESx7Y
- Award winner in the 2011 NYC Big Apps Competition
NextStop is an iPhone/iPod Touch app for New York City Subway riders who don’t like to waste a minute. At a quick glance, it tells you when the next train is scheduled to arrive based on your current location, selected station, or pre-defined favorites. With this information in hand, it’s easy to figure out the quickest route between point A and point B.
For the 1,2,3,4,5,6 lines and Grand Central Shuttle, realtime arrival estimates are provided (requires an internet connection). For all other lines, or when an Internet connection is unavailable, MTA schedules are used. For more information see: http://brooklynappfactory.com/realtime
Please Note: Arrival times for lettered lines are based on MTA timetables, however trains sometimes run ahead or behind schedule, so please use information as general guidance only. For best results, make sure that your iPhone is set to "Set time automatically" (under Settings > General > Date & Time) and get to the station at least 2 minutes before your scheduled arrival.
NextStop is officially licensed by the MTA and all graphics are used with permission.
- Displays your favorite stations based on time of day (morning commute, evening commute, etc.).
- Shows upcoming stops at all stations near your current location.
- Shows upcoming stops (including times) for selected train.
- Includes the official MTA map. Clicking a station displays upcoming stops for that station.
- Displays MTA service alerts (delays, service changes) and advisories (planned work, etc).
- Optionally sends push notifications about delays on your Favorited lines
- Allows browsing of lines and stations to find next stop for any train.
- Allows selection of date and time to view past/future schedules.
January 14, 2013 New version 2.3.1
January 05, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
January 05, 2013 New version 2.3
October 17, 2012 New version 2.2.1
September 27, 2012 New version 2.2.0
May 31, 2012 New version 2.1.2
June 11, 2010 Initial Release