* If you used Sun Scout on an iPhone 6s, you will have found that it didn't work for the first few revisions of iOS9. The sun's track simply flew about in the sky instead of staying put. This was caused by an issue in iOS9 which has been rectified in later updates. I'm very sorry this caused problems for you.
* This update is a fix for the "Where is the sun now" arrow on newer devices.
Many thanks for your support. Please get in touch with your suggestions. Happy scouting!
If your work or play requires sunlight, Sun Scout is built for you. Turn your iPhone in to a magic lens. Point it to the sky and understand where the sun will be and when it will be there.
* romano01, US App Store – "This app has come in handy more then once this week alone. While working on a feature film called "fairhaven" the gaffer and I (key Grip) needed to find out where and when the sun would be for a scene… well after i pulled out my Sun Scout App. everyone started downloading it!!! It is well worth it."
* WPSHM, US App Store – "This should win a gajillion awards for usability and simplicity. I love it!!!!"
Please Note – Sun Scout uses your device's compass. Like all compasses, Sun Scout is adversely influenced by metal in buildings or vehicles. Sun Scout is only as good as the iPhone's compass and is prone to a variable margin of accuracy even under fair conditions. Please do not base high-value production decisions solely on Sun Scout. Confirming them using sun charts and a technical mission during the time of day of a future shoot.
We'd be delighted to hear what you're getting up to with Sun Scout. Give us a shout by email: [email protected]
- September 24, 2011 Price increase: $3.99 -> $9.99
- October 01, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
- October 10, 2011 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- October 12, 2014 New version 1.4.0
- February 02, 2016 New version 1.4.1