148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: FOCUSED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Nebulous Notes is a Dropbox-supporting text inputter that places emphasis on minimalism and provides themes for both writers and coders.
What's NewThis fixes a critical bug for some people. Please update your reviews, as my rating resets after every update. Thanks!
- Fixed crash reporter
- Returned TextExpander support!
- Updated for iOS 7
- Now you can turn off saving new files in /My Notes/
- TextExpander no longer supported due to SDK changes
App DescriptionFeatured three times on Lifehacker as one of the best tools for getting things done! Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals.
(If you want to try-before-you-buy, check out "Nebulous Notes Lite.")
## ABOUT ##
Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals. I get emails from correspondents at BBC, writers for the New Yorker, and businessmen trying to organize their thoughts. I'm also working on a 200+ page book myself, so I use my own app every day.
All notes in NN are backed up to Dropbox, because I care a lot about text files. Notes aren't stored in some vague format that is hard to export (think GDrive or Evernote), but rather in plain-old text files that you can point to.
Nebulous Notes is also the ONLY iOS text editor that selectively edits and syncs text files in any Dropbox folder seamlessly. It took 3 years to make it this smooth, but it's crucial because not everybody has all their text files in one single application folder.
## FEATURES ##
* Open and edit all plain-text files (.txt, .md, .c, etc.)
* Save files to Dropbox
* Note: you cannot edit Word Documents or PDFs
## FEATURES USERS LOVE ##
* Open files from ANY Dropbox folder
* Full Dropbox file search
* Pinch-to-zoom on text
* Laser-like attention to detail on plain-text editing
* Selective file syncing
* Flush, full-screen support for "Writeroom"-style editing
* Macro system lets you add an extra row of keys to the keyboard
* The macros can include single characters, or whole strings of characters
* Macros also include programmatic shortcuts like timestamps and inserting newlines
## MORE FEATURES ##
* Preview files in HTML, MarkDown, MultiMarkdown, Rich Text-RTF
* Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for international users)
* VoiceOver hints
* Print documents using AirPrint
* Save in Evernote
* Tag Files
* TextExpander support
* Customizable themes
* Protect the app with a PIN
* "Insert Tab" key (multi-line tabbing and un-tabbing supported)
* One-click access to MarkDown/HTML previews
* Turn off word-wrapping
## REVIEWS ##
"Wow, I do so LOVE your app." - Merlin Mann, creator of 43 Folders
"This is quite possibly the best tool for any writer, blogger, or journalist that needs to get work done on-the-go" - AppAdvice.com
"If you feel really geeky about your note-taking, give Nebulous Notes a shot." - geek.com
June 19, 2014 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
June 19, 2014 New version 7.1.2
March 09, 2014 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
March 02, 2014 Price Decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
August 09, 2010 Initial Release