What's NewNew additions to Coffee from Oliver Strand, including the first in Hell's Kitchen and the Financial District
App DescriptionThe Scoop is a guide to New York City from the staff of The New York Times. Here's how it works: We give you lists of our favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, arts openings, shows, kid-friendly outings and day trips. You go out and have fun. Check off the places you've been, and share what you've done with friends.
New York is one of the greatest cities on earth. Make the most of it!
• Restaurants: Dining editors and critics share their current favorite restaurants in New York from the Times’ famed Critics’ Picks.
• Bars: Pete Wells and Steven Stern share their favorite bars.
• Coffee: Oliver Strand curates a list of great coffee shops.
• Theater: Recommended shows from Ben Brantley, Charles Isherwood and other theater critics for The New York Times.
• Art: A selection of noteworthy gallery and museum listings in and around New York City.
• Only in New York: Critics, editors and reporters share their favorite New York experiences and outings.
• Home Furnishings: A list of our favorite home décor stores from the reporters and editors of the Home section and T Magazine.
• Day Trips: Our favorite outings and excursions beyond the five boroughs.
• More Events: A selection of performances, exhibitions, shows and other happenings in the coming week.
• Citi Bike: The Scoop provides a guide to Citi Bike, New York City’s bicycle sharing program. A new section, sponsored by Citi, helps you find hundreds of locations to pick up and return bikes. Plus, you’ll know where to go to eat, drink or play, with nearby Critics’ Picks from New York Times editors.
• Find recommendations for things to do near your current location.
• Search or filter lists to find what you're looking for.
• Share what you've done or what you plan to do with your friends, via e-mail, text message, Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare.
January 26, 2014 New version 1.4.1
May 29, 2013 New version 1.4
March 16, 2013 New version 1.3
July 24, 2012 New version 1.2.3
November 13, 2011 New version 1.2.2
June 02, 2010 Initial Release