- Added new language support (Turkish, Russian, Danish, and Hungarian)
- Fixed various bugs
NOTE: This Atlas defaults to English only. If you only want one of the other supported languages, other than English, please download the Blausen Human Atlas Lite HD and purchase your required language as an in-app purchase. Otherwise you will be charged for English, and again for any other language.
Blausen English Human Atlas HD, optimized for iPad, takes maximum advantage of higher resolution and larger screen size to provide patients a never before available lavish visual environment in which to engage and learn about their conditions and treatments. This new point of care patient education resource presents Blausen 3D animations at a stunning new level of visualization, unmatched to date by other apps.
The Blausen English Human Atlas HD combines 3D medical animations with a cross searchable medical term glossary and detailed still images. For doctors, nurses, students and consumer caregivers, this is the ideal resource for communicating core concepts, right in the palm of your hand and right at point of care.
"A must have for healthcare providers… Quite simply, we found the videos to be brilliant… A vast library of medical information… the Medical Glossary is a great feature." Mobihealthnews
NOTE: REQUIRES INTERNET (WIFI OR 3G) CONNECTION. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE CONNECTING VIA A SLOWER 3G CONNECTION, YOU WILL BE VIEWING LOWER QUALITY VIDEOS. FOR HD VIDEO PLAYBACK A FASTER WIFI CONNECTION IS REQUIRED.
Used as a complement to academic learning tools, the app can accelerate and reinforce understanding and comprehension of common medical conditions and treatments.
Blausen's English Human Atlas HD is derived from the world's largest 3D medical animation library. The main component is the 150 english animations (each approximately 1-2 minutes in length with accompanying narration), serving as an ideal starting point for patient understanding.
In addition to the 150 3D english animation videos, the new English Human Atlas HD includes:
* 360 degree rotatable 3D Human Figures showing nine full body systems, e.g. circulatory, muscular, nervous, etc.
* Searchable 1,500+ term medical glossary, cross referenced to related animations, images and definitions
* 1,200 detailed still images derived from the animations
* Ability to purchase individual atlases in 13 different languages (Arabic, British, Castilian, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, and Turkish) with expanded number of animations in specific topic areas such as Cancer, Circulatory, Digestive, Ear, Endrocine, Eye, Immune, Muscular, Nervous, Pediatric, Reproductive, Respiratory, Skeletal, Skin, and Urinary.
As a mobile means of patient education, the Blausen English Human Atlas HD has no equal in information quality, scientific accuracy or ease of use. It is a dynamic way to help alleviate fears and concerns by simply explaining and showing, in 3D animation, the basic anatomy and physiology as it relates to common medical conditions and treatments. In the hands of professionals, students or consumers, it is an educational tool that goes well past static illustrations, bringing core concepts to life and accelerating understanding.
Courtroom use prohibited.
- October 11, 2011 New version 3.4
- July 10, 2011 New version 3.3
- June 25, 2011 New version 3.2
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.1