What's New- Fix for TIDEPOCALYPSE! See like the mayans we too assumed the moon would blow up, and so we didn't provide tides for 2012, even hard-coding 2012 as the end date FOR ALL TIDES
Turns out we were wrong, so here you go, tides for 2012. Same time next year for the 2013 TIDEPOCALYPSE?
App Description*** There are two version of Pocket Weather: World and Australia. This is the Australian one and has AUSTRALIAN DATA ONLY. ***
Weather sourced directly from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) - an Australian Source for Australian Weather!
- From the makers of the #1 Weather Application in Australia for the iPhone Pocket Weather AU -
The iPad version of Pocket Weather has been re-written from the ground up to take advantage of this awesome new platform. We intend to keep releasing regular updates until this version is far superior to the one on the iPhone (which will be no easy feat).
So what's left to read, throw your $1.99 into the ring and join us on the Pocket Weather journey.
- Forecast & observation data for hundreds of areas around Australia. Select it via GPS, Map or list.
- National Rain, Satellite and Synoptic Chart
- View the time at any location around Australia (optional, turn it on from the settings)
- Push the current temperature (or forecast high) straight to your app badge, or get the forecast as a text alert up to 3 times a day.
- Animated weather icons
- Sunrise/sunset times
- All of the BOM rain and wind doppler radars
- Extended forecasts for regional areas
- Tides (new in 1.2)
- State Warnings (new in 1.2)
- Realtime UV support for some locations
- Last update is always cached, so you don't need a network connection to check the weather for the week, once you've got it once.
- Updates are tiny (less than 10kb) so you don't have to worry about your iPhone data cap.
- Supports landscape and portrait view
WHO ARE WE:
This app is delivered fresh to your door, from three blokes in Adelaide.
SUPPORT & UPDATES:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries you may have.
While we have explicit permission from the BOM to use and repackage all of their data, this app is not published, or maintained by the BOM, so please send your queries, suggestions and problems to us, and not them.
April 18, 2012 New version 2.0.1
April 06, 2012 New version 2.0
December 08, 2011 New version 1.3.2
April 25, 2011 New version 1.3
June 03, 2010 Initial Release