We are delighted to introduce a great new “My Wines” feature, which will allow you to add photos and details of your wines to the app. You can also add wines to your Cellar and view any listing of your wines (by grape, style, country, retailer, etc..) through easy to use Search and Sort functions. A unique feature of the app is that it automatically assigns styles to the wines you add and includes them within the relevant grape variety. You can also tell at a glance which grape varieties you have added wines to, and whether there are any in your Cellar. As always, we have kept navigation simple and easy to use. Here is what’s new:
• “My Wines” feature – start adding your wines today!
• Pairing guides have been included for every food type in the Food section of the app. We have also added more pairing recommendations.
• The following exciting grape varieties have also been added:
Hondarrabi Zuri (Txakoli)
Nero di Troia
Schiava (Vernatsch / Trollinger)
• There are now 110 grape varieties and blends in the app for you to discover.
• The Glossary has been extended and revised to include more wine terms and advice.
We hope you enjoy this latest update and, if so, perhaps you would be kind enough to rate the app on the App Store. Your support will help us to develop the great plans we have for the app and get the next update out quicker. Thank you, and we wish you many exciting new wine discoveries!
This wine app is different! Pocket Wine is a highly informative, easy to use interactive journal, which unlocks the complex world of wine - giving you an insight that has taken others years to achieve. It is your gateway to the fascinating world of wine and has become one of the most popular wine apps in the USA, UK and Canada.
Based on unique wine style definitions it enables you to easily navigate, explore and gain a clear understanding of all the major grape varieties and blends - there are 110 (ONE HUNDRED AND TEN) featured in the app. Wine experts have long known that grape varieties are the key to understanding wine as they are the building blocks of every wine you will drink. The app allows you to explore all the table wine styles and to add photos and details of wines you like. You can also add wines to your Cellar and view any listing of your wines (by grape, style, country, retailer, etc..) through easy to use Search and Sort functions. A unique feature of the app is that it will automatically assign styles to the wines you add and include them within the relevant grape variety. You can also tell at a glance which grape varieties you have added wines to and whether there are any in your Cellar. In short, the app provides you with a great framework to explore and record your own personal wine journey.
Please note that the app does NOT review individual wines, recommend wines to buy or try to sell you wines. Instead it provides you with a novel and easy to use model that allows you to approach wine like an expert and make your own informed decisions.
Four star review from leading US app review site 148Apps.com: "This app alone could ensure that I finally appreciate wine properly."
Rated 4/5 by Appsafari: "Pocket Wine is delightfully thorough and ... serves as your personal guide to knowing and understanding everything about wine."
Award winning website WineJulia.com said: "I absolutely love it ... this wine app is a fabulous, user-friendly, simply informative tool for wine enthusiasts of all levels. I highly recommend it."
"This application is sensational! I discovered my love for wine. Wonderful on pairing with foods and discovering which wine suits your palate."
"Absolutely fantastic wine reference tool. Beautiful interface, easy to use, and unbelievably informative."
"If you know anything about wine you couldn't fail to be impressed by this app."
All the content is original and has been tailored specifically for this novel approach to wine. It does not contain brand endorsements or advertising and is fully operational off-line so there is no need to connect to the web – you can use it anywhere, at any time and you don’t have to sign in.
Main Features of Pocket Wine
• Unique wine style definitions enable you to explore table wines in a new and meaningful way.
• In each grape variety listed (there are 110 in the app) you will find four sections covering: Description, Regions, Food Pairing and My Wines.
• The main “My Wines” feature allows you to save photos and details of wines you like and to add them to your cellar.
• Discover your taste preference (and those of your friends) for each wine style with the novel “My Taste” function and share the results with family and friends.
• Search tools giving easy access to all the grape variety content and to all the wines you have saved to the app.
• Unique Food Pairing tool provides style guides and recommendations for hundreds of recipes.
• Places feature identifies the notable grape varieties and blends in the World's major wine countries, regions and appellations.
• Includes an extensive wine glossary written specifically for the app.
All considered, this app is perhaps the best investment you can make in wine. With Pocket Wine as your guide and journal you are ready to embark on a great wine adventure. Bon Voyage!
- September 22, 2012 New version 2.0
- March 23, 2014 New version 3.0
- March 29, 2014 New version 3.1
- February 26, 2015 New version 3.2
- March 10, 2016 New version 4.0