- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
- The Foods You Like Reveal The Wines You Love. Our unique “My Taste” tool has been greatly enhanced and now includes analysis and recommendations based on your taste profile.
- All content has been revised and updated
- User interface improvements have been added
- Glossary has been extended
*****Enjoying our wine app? If so, we would very much appreciate if you could take a moment to review it on the App Store. Thanks.
This wine app is different! Pocket Wine unlocks the complex world of wine, giving you an insight that has taken others years to achieve. It is your gateway to the fascinating world of wine and has become one of the most popular wine apps in the USA, UK and Canada.
Based on unique wine style definitions it enables you to easily navigate, explore and gain a clear understanding of all the major grape varieties and blends - there are 100 (ONE HUNDRED) featured in the app. Wine experts have long known that grape varieties are the key to understanding wine as they are the building blocks of every wine you will drink. The app even reveals your taste profile when you answer some carefully designed taste-related questions. This unique feature of the app is based on our research, which shows that: The Foods You Like Reveal The Wines You Love. Food and wine matching is also demystified with a unique pairing tool providing style guides and recommendations for hundreds of recipes. Pocket Wine will greatly increase your comprehension and enjoyment of wine.
Please note that the app does NOT review individual wines, recommend wines to buy or try to sell you wines. Instead it provides you with a novel and easy to use model that allows you to approach wine like an expert and make your own informed decisions.
Four star review from leading US app review site 148Apps.com: "This app alone could ensure that I finally appreciate wine properly."
Rated 4/5 by Appsafari: "Pocket Wine is delightfully thorough and ... serves as your personal guide to knowing and understanding everything about wine."
Award winning website WineJulia.com said: "I absolutely love it ... this wine app is a fabulous, user-friendly, simply informative tool for wine enthusiasts of all levels. I highly recommend it."
"This application is sensational! I discovered my love for wine. Wonderful on pairing with foods and discovering which wine suits your palate."
"From a beer only drinker to a full on wine enthusiast and all because of this wonderful little app! I definitely recommend giving it a try!
"Absolutely fantastic wine reference tool. Beautiful interface, easy to use, and unbelievably informative."
"If you know anything about wine you couldn't fail to be impressed by this app."
All the content is original and has been tailored specifically for this novel approach to wine. It does not contain brand endorsements or advertising and is fully operational off-line so there is no need to connect to the web – you can use it anywhere, at any time.
Pocket Wine is designed to be an indispensable guide to Table Wines for the novice and keen wine enthusiast alike.
Main Features of Pocket Wine
• Unique wine style definitions enable you to explore table wines in a new and meaningful way.
• Includes full descriptions together with regional and food pairing information on 100 major grape varieties and blends.
• International in scope covering all the important wine producing countries.
• Discover your taste profile (and those of your friends) with the novel “My Taste” function and share the results with family and friends.
• Search tool giving easy access to all the grape varieties and their content.
• Unique Food Pairing tool providing style guides and recommendations for hundreds of recipes.
• Places feature identifies the notable grape varieties and blends in the World's major wine countries, regions and appellations.
• Includes an extensive wine glossary written specifically for the app.
All considered, this app is perhaps the best investment you can make in wine. With Pocket Wine as your guide you are ready to embark on a great wine adventure. Bon Voyage!
- February 26, 2015 New version 3.2
- March 29, 2014 New version 3.1
- March 23, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 22, 2012 New version 2.0