- UpDated for iOS7
- Enhanced Screen Images.
- Added 5 English sounds and the sample words / phrases
- Added ExtraWorks
- Adjusted Buttons.
◎ Top 9 Paid Education iPhone Apps in Japan!
ePhrase is designed for users easily to handle 100 English phrases for reading, listening and writing, just touching the buttons with the left thumb; you can quickly review all the phrases anytime even on the commuter train in your busy life. Touch it, enjoy it and learn it! *Free Upgrade - Version 1.1 will work for saving the user's writing documents.
ePhrase contains 100 commonly used American phrases and should be of great assistance to Japanese learners of English eager to learn the language as actually spoken by the people in the United States. (Note: Comments on each phrase are written in Japanese.)
ePhrase is based on Noboru S. Yoshitomi's ESL teaching techniques and strategies applied in his bestselling books: "It's Handy!” - a book of phrases published by Nan’undo Co., and the Korean version by Book 21 Co., South Korea; "Communication Builder" - a university textbook by Nan'undo Co.; "Find Yourself” - a book of questions by Macmillan Languagehouse.
Read phrases touching Next / Back buttons. Listen, read and practice them touching the three buttons on each phrase page. Scan them in LIST. And more, take memos in Writing for the intensive practice.
1. Book I, II: Three buttons help you lean English effectively:
a. Sample Audio for the listening.
b. Description for the meaning of the phrase, the situation to use, the extra listening attention.
c. Sample Sentence / Dialogue for the phrase usage, listening and practice.
2. List: Flick down or up to scan or search the phrases. Start working on your desired phrase touching the title.
3. Writing : Take memos or write your own sentences.
Assistant helps you writing and pronunciation practice.
4. Tab Icons: Jump to another section directly.
Noboru S. Yoshitomi is a columnist of "Weekly ST" of The Japan Times, currently teaching at a university in Tokyo. He also completed a three-year Highly Developmental Project of the Ministry of Education, Japan, after graduating from the Penn State University majoring in Speech Pathology and Applied Linguistics.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.1
- July 16, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 10, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- January 24, 2012 New version 1.1.3
- March 29, 2012 New version 1.1.5
- July 15, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- August 31, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- September 10, 2013 New version 1.2.0
- October 19, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- October 02, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- October 09, 2014 New version 1.2.1