What's New- WritePad now offers automatic synchronization with iCloud. To enable sync with iCloud, use Options->Synchronization Settings view.
Other new features:
- Optimized for iOS 6 and iPhone 5 screen
- Improved speed and accuracy of handwriting recognition engine
- Integrated with system Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Support for active styluses, including Adoint Jot Touch and Cregle iPen.
- Improved digital inking, including pressure support (Adonit Jot Touch pressure-sensitive stylus is required).
- Shorthand feature added to the input panel: if a written word is recognized as a shorthand name, the shorthand button appears on the input panel
- Improved handwriting recognition quality in all languages
App DescriptionWritePad is an advanced notetaker app that lets you to take notes in your own handwriting, which is immediately converted to the digital text using PhatWareâ€™s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software. You can also use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
WritePad lets you save and transfer notes over Wi-Fi from your iPad to another iPhone or iPad, or synchronize your notes with Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, and iTunes.
In the beginning the recognition quality may depend on your style and how comfortable you feel writing on the iPad screen; however the more you use it, the better it will become as the software will adapt to your patterns. In addition, you can use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, insert special characters such as space and return, invoke the spell checker for the selected word, correct recognized text, and more. You can further improve recognition quality by modifying the user dictionary and the Autocorrector word list.
Benefits and Features
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, iCloud, and iTunes or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 16 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
-English (UK, US)
-Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
April 18, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
April 11, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
April 11, 2013 New version 6.6.3
May 01, 2011 New version 5.0
May 27, 2010 Initial Release