What's New1. Improved handwriting recognition engine now allows disabling unused letter shapes, which may help to expedite the application’s learning curve. *
2. Synchronization with Evernote (by default, WritePad synchronizes with Dropbox; use Options->Synchronization Settings to enable sync with Evernote).
3. New command displays document statistics, such as word and character count (Toolbar->Info).
4. Improved synchronization with Dropbox.
5. New command allows users to upload WritePad documents to their Google Documents account as text or PDF (Share->Send to Google Docs).
6. Improved user interface and graphics.
7. Text selection modified to mimic standard iPad selection style.
* If the handwriting works good for you already, we recommend that you do not disable any shapes, however if one of your letters is often recognized as another, you may be able to fix it by disabling one or more shapes of the second letter. To view shapes go to Options->Letter Shapes.
App DescriptionWritePad lets you take notes in your own handwriting with an iPad stylus pen (such as True Touch Stylus Pen from hdaccessory.com) or even your finger. The state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn your style of writing. You can use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with it's own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPad. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPad and iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
April 27, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
April 23, 2013 Price Decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
April 22, 2013 New version 6.6.3
April 29, 2011 New version 5.0
May 21, 2010 Initial Release