148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SO PRETTY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Kometen is extremely pretty, but it just doesn't do much. If you are expecting an action packed experience, look elsewhere, but if pretty and simple are your cup of tea, this one is great.
What's New- iPad support!
- Different regions to explore with new and unique music, backgrounds and objects
- Improved controls (quicker and smoother maneuvering of your comet)
- More food, debris and other fantastic things to see on your journey
- Killing your comet now requires confirmation (tap five times in the upper left corner on the comet info screen)
- Various small bug fixes and improvements
App Description"Have you ever wondered if there was an app out there with the soul purpose of nurturing your spirit in the most beautiful way possible? Kometen is a game for the iPhone and iPad that does just this with elegance and grace." – AppDiscover
“This is a remarkable addition to the app store that will separate itself from the crowded offerings of the same old same old with its own style and polish. Taking a seat next to Zen Bound, Kometen utilizes the unique aspects of the device perfectly and will be that app you want to share (show off perhaps?) with friends.” — No dpad
- About -
A comet has been born, please take good care of it! Explore the universe and learn how to fly in a graceful way. A beautiful and memorable experience for everyone!
- Features -
‣ Super minimalistic controls: tap planets to gravitate towards them, swipe to let go
‣ Zoom through space at incredible speed!
‣ Explore a world filled with gorgeous watercolor art
‣ Use the map to find amazing paintings scattered throughout the universe
‣ Keep track of the mood of your comet by reading its thoughts
‣ Hypnotizing and awesome soundtrack
If you want to get the soundtrack: it's out on both iTunes and Bandcamp, just search for "To Stop you Must Die" by El Huervo
- About the creators -
Erik Svedäng (design & programming) is the creator of the PC game Blueberry Garden, winner of the Independent Games Festival Grand Prize 2009.
Niklas Åkerblad (art, animation, sound & music) is an artist based in Gothenburg, Sweden. When not making games he's painting huge paintings.
Follow twitter.com/e_svedang to get the latest news about Kometen updates, special offers, competitions and more!
May 05, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
October 16, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 12, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
May 12, 2010 Initial Release