"the game does offer a solid and deep experience with beautiful graphics. The missions and the maps are elaborate enough to offer hours of play, bringing enough to separate itself from other games in the genre." (TouchArcade)
Welcome to the world of The Settlers! You’ve arrived in a wondrous place populated by Romans, Vikings and Mayans competing or cooperating to reach a variety of goals. These goals include occupying land, ensuring the supply of raw materials, or simply trying to create the most beautiful settlement. There is more than one path which leads to success – you can engage in trade, forge alliances, or lead your army into battle.
Plunge into this adaptation of the critically acclaimed PC game, widely popular for offering a well balanced mix of strategy and building management, now with optimized gameplay for iPad.
- Gather resources and build a lively and bustling town in an ancient world. Your decisions and skill in managing and protecting your settlement will determine its fate.
- The strength of your units depends on how effectively you have built up your settlement and paid attention to the economic relationships within it.
- Three nations to govern: Conquer new territories, defeat rival armies, and establish an empire with your warriors that encompasses lands and continents.
- A huge number of parameters to manage: Dozens of building’s types, settlements, soldiers, raw materials, and much more.
- An accessible game for everybody, thanks to extensive tutorial missions and multi-touch gameplay, ideal for strategy games.
HELP FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER (level 3)
Once you have recruited 8 pioneers, follow these steps to expand the borders:
- Tap the cart with the donkey.
- Tap the “Transform to Migration Cart” icon at the bottom of the screen. The icon is highlighted in purple. You can now put tools, pioneers and carriers into the cart. Make sure you do not forget any of your 8 pioneers. It takes a while for the resources and the pioneers to get to the migration cart, so please be patient.
- Bring the cart to the location your Settlers have found for the new colony.
- Once the cart has arrived at the new location, unload the tools (tap the central icon at the bottom of the screen) and watch your pioneers start expanding the territory.
- Adding more carriers will help you a lot in the game and will stop any kind of bottlenecks. About 15 carriers should be enough for a medium-sized settlement. Make sure you don't have any idle settlers in the countryside.
- The location of the Smiths is important: if it they aren't close enough to an Iron Smelter or Coal Mine, production will slow down. Having a low number of carriers can also stop weapon production if you have any other building projects going on, because those are the carriers' main priorities.
- The only way to destroy enemy non-military buildings is by capturing the enemy towers around them. For example, in level 5 of the first chapter, the temple cannot be destroyed by attacking it with your army. You will gain the territory around the towers and, as result, any enemy buildings in your new territory will be destroyed instantly.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
End User License Agreement : http://www.gameloft.com/eula/
- January 04, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 19, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- February 21, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- February 14, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- January 03, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 21, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 30, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 22, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 14, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- October 08, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- March 09, 2011 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $0.99
- November 29, 2010 Price increase: $0.99 -> $6.99
- November 23, 2010 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $0.99
- November 17, 2010 New version 1.0.4