148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PROCEDURAL ART :: Read Our Full Review >>
OmniSketch is a powerful procedural art tool that provides a lot of bang for the $1.99 price tag. Even the untrained artist can find some enjoyable features in OmniSketch.
What's NewUpdated to support The New iPad. Fully supports the Retina display on The New iPad.
This version requires iOS 4.2 or higher. Posting to Twitter requires iOS 5.0 or higher and uses the integrated Twitter interface.
Performance improvements for multi-core processors.
App DescriptionAugust 8, 2011 - OmniSketch listed by PC Magazine as one of The 100 Best iPad Apps.
OmniSketch is listed in the iTunes Essential Paint & Drawing Apps section.
OmniSketch is a procedural drawing tool that allows you to create stunning sketches with very little effort. A procedural brush is a brush that uses a mathematical algorithm to draw patterns. These patterns can interact with lines that have already been drawn to produce amazing effects. The speed at which you draw will affect the look of the brush you are using. The brush algorithm can also be adjusted to produce different effects.
Now you might be reading this thinking, “There are already a large number of really good painting and drawing tools so what does OmniSketch bring to the game?” Instead of standard brushes and pencils, OmniSketch’s brushes use mathematical algorithms to draw patterns which interact with previously drawn lines to produce a cool sketch with detailed effects.
One of the coolest OmniSketch features is its mirrored drawing mode. You can opt to have your strokes mirrored across your iPad’s screen (top and bottom, left and right or both options) to produce really stunning designs.
Unlock your inner artist with one of the best drawing tools available for the Apple iPad. With OmniSketch, store a nearly unlimited number of pictures in your local gallery and show them off to your friends and family with the slide show feature. Show off your creations to the world by submitting them to the online photo gallery. Mirrored drawing modes allow you to create beautiful symmetrical and even kaleidoscopic paintings.
* 24 amazing brushes draw shapes and patterns automatically
* Blend Modes (Lighten, Darken, Color Dodge, Color Burn, etc)
* Draw with up to 3 fingers at the same time
* Intuitive user interface
* Mirrored Drawing – Vertical, Horizontal and Kaleidoscope mode
* Eraser plus the Clear Blend Mode allows you to use any brush as an eraser
* Line width adjustment
* Opacity adjustment
* Brush custom adjustments
* Full color support with an intuitive color picker
* Selectable background color
* Gallery allows you to view, add, edit, delete and export your artwork
* Built in slide show feature lets you show off your creations
* Online gallery lets you share your pictures with friends, family and the world
* Full undo/redo
* Draw in portrait or landscape mode
* Post your artwork to your Facebook Wall
* Post your artwork to Twitter
You can expect many new features and new brush styles in future releases of OmniSketch!
May 14, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
April 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
March 31, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
May 11, 2010 Initial Release