148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GPS NAV :: Read Our Full Review >>
GPS Navigation 2 offers street level turn-by-turn directions for $.99.
What's NewToday you receive the latest update of our GPS Navigation. It contains a lot of pretty nice improvements:
- Optimized user interface
- Improved bike navigation
- Foursquare integration
- Enhanced audio output
- Improved map detail
- Latest OSM map data
We hope that you will like the app’s new version and would be very glad if you decided to leave a positive rating in the App Store.
In case of questions, problems or suggestions, please contact our support via e-mail.
Thanks for using skobbler.
Your skobbler team
App Description*** The next generation of navigation and maps: The best-selling app for iPhone and iPad with an all-new design ***
GPS Navigation from skobbler - 3 full-fledged apps in one:
Top-rated navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
Wiki travel guide
You get all this even if you are offline.
skobbler NGx cutting-edge map technology.
Various search functions. Different map styles. Different route modes.
It is quite a package.
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS, ONLINE OR OFFLINE
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionalities such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more are of course included. All these functionalities are available online and optionally offline (see below).
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS, ONLINE OR OPTIONALLY OFFLINE
* With GPS Navigation you no longer have to worry about finding your way. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, the OpenStreetMap can be used anywhere.
You can decide whether you want to use it online of offline. The entire map is always available online. You can also enhance the app for offline use with almost 1000 additions (cities, countries, continents). Download the respective area (ideally via Wifi). Once installed, you will always have it with you, even without an internet connection. And you’ll be able to make full use of all major features. Country maps always include all cities and their street plans or city maps. The map is always seamless. You never have to switch between several maps.
SKOBBLER NGX TECHNOLOGY: TOP GRAPHICS, ROUTE CALCULATIONS, VARIOUS PRESENTATION TYPES AND NO OFFLINE HALF-MEASURES
* GPS Navigation includes skobbler's innovative NGx map technology. You get maps that look great and move, zoom and rotate with unrivaled ease. Simply touch the map for slightly longer to interact with individual points on the map. You will never get blurred images or useless empty 'map-loading' tiles.
Instead, you get different map styles (e.g. night, outdoor) and a route planner for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists. Something else you won't find anywhere else: all functions can be used both online and offline (in installed map areas).
- Full-fledged navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn)
- Completely interactive OpenStreetMap (OSM)
- One single map with global coverage
- Can be enhanced within the app for offline use of all major functions
- Full functionality with and (after installation) without Internet connection (online and offline)
- Ability to install whole countries including their city maps (Wifi recommended)
- Continuous free map updates
- Extensive Wiki travel guide
- Powerful map technology (NGx)
- Route planner (vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists)
- Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
- Various search facilities
- Convenient favorites lists
- Optional synchronization of favorites with the web portal maps.skobbler.com
! Please note that as with all navigation apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Traffic regulations and current road situations always precede skobbler’s directions!
August 07, 2014 New version 5.1
January 29, 2014 New version 5.0
November 06, 2012 New version 4.3
August 10, 2012 New version 4.2.1
December 16, 2011 New version 4.1
October 16, 2011 New version 4.0.3
May 19, 2010 Initial Release