What's New- Improved performance and memory handling
- Resolves issues adding layers from photos
- Updated for compatibility with iOS 6
App DescriptionWant to doodle, draw on photos, or paint a masterpiece on your new iPad? Look no further! Layers packs in everything you need to be creative on the go. The pro edition of Layers provides more brushes, more layers, and more advanced layer operations than the standard edition. Enjoy more control over your brush tip using the brush offset option, and email your paintings as layered PSD files to transfer your work to the desktop!
If you're looking to try out Layers before purchasing the pro version, download the standard edition! You can upgrade at any time via in-app purchase.
Layers for iPad offers a balanced set of painting tools completely redesigned for the iPad's large, crisp display. With high-quality brushes, an eyedropper, a smudge tool and an eraser, Layers provides the tools you need to create great art. Transparency is fully supported throughout the app and a brand-new history panel allows you to view your recent actions and quickly jump back in time. Want to add photos to your paintings? Layers allows you to position and scale the photos you add and see how they'll appear on top of your existing work.
Layers for iPad features an online gallery that allows you to put your paintings on display and view the work of others. Create a free account within in the app to comment on paintings and upload your own, or watch replays of paintings as they come to life!
- A clean, intuitive painting interface
- Two fingered pan and pinch to zoom
- Double-tap for quick zooming
- Square (1024x1024) and 3:4 (1024x768) canvas sizes
- Fifteen high-quality brushes
- Up to five paintable layers per drawing
- Paint brush, smudge tool, and eraser
- Full featured eyedropper tool
- Precisely adjustable brush sizes up to 64px
- Large color picker that saves recent colors
- Full support for brush transparency
- Generous undo history that is saved on exit
- Email drawings as JPG, save to photos
- Browse thousands of paintings in the Layers Gallery
- Replay your paintings and watch them come to life!
- Advanced layer manipulation tools
- Email painting as layered PSD files
- Create a profile page in the Layers Gallery
September 08, 2013 New version 2.8
April 17, 2012 New version 2.7.2
April 07, 2012 New version 2.7.1
March 31, 2012 New version 2.7
November 19, 2011 New version 2.6.1
October 06, 2011 New version 2.6
April 22, 2010 Initial Release