- Bug Fixes
Want to stay up to date? Follow @avatron on twitter.
If you use Air Display, please leave a User Review. Your feedback helps us to continue to make improvements.
Ever wish you had an extra display for your Mac or Windows computer? There's an app for that! Air Display turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a wireless display, to extend or mirror your computer screen.
“Have you ever looked at your iPad and thought, ‘That would make a great second monitor for my computer!’?” —Wall Street Journal
“The app worked like a charm by providing more screen real estate.” —USA Today
“Air Display lets you take advantage of the iPad’s native touch screen, meaning you can use your finger to move your mouse around.” —TIME
“10 Apps That Make Magic on Your iPad… Never again miss a new Twitter post, Facebook post or stock market move.” —New York Times
— FEATURES —
Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator, painting tool, or music control surface! Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel.
Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
If your iOS device has a Retina display, you can choose to operate at normal or double resolution. On Lion, you can even enable “HiDPI mode.” HiDPI, a built-in Mac OS X feature that renders UI elements at double resolution, is absolutely stunning on a Retina display. (NOTE: the Retina MacBook Pro does not support HiDPI on external displays.)
Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures. When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately so you don't have to drag them back onto the Air Display screen.
You can connect to Air Display from both Mac and Windows. And because it's a universal app, it works on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Air Display provides a virtual keyboard and mouse input on the iOS device. Air Display supports video-out to your TV or Monitor, either via Apple's AirPlay or with an appropriate adapter cable.
Some great uses for Air Display:
• General: Fill your Air Display screen with utility windows like Twitter, Facebook, email, or calendar.
• Graphic design: Make Photoshop and Illustrator usable on your laptop by putting your tool palettes on the iOS screen.
• Music: Use your iOS screen as a wireless control surface for Logic or Pro Tools.
• Programming: Use the extra display area for such auxiliary development tools as Console, Terminal, and the Debugger.
• Business: Move all of your iWork and Office palettes and inspector windows onto Air Display, and let your document fill the screen.
• Share: Use your iOS device's video adapter to share your screen on TVs, monitors and projectors in your boardroom or classroom.
• Amaze your friends by playing Flash animations on an iOS device!
On first launch, Air Display presents easy instructions for downloading and installing the companion Air Display Connect software for your desktop computer.
— COMPATIBILITY —
MAC OS X
To connect to a Mac, Air Display requires 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later, on an Intel CPU. Both 32-Bit & 64-Bit systems are supported. (NOTE: On Lion & Mountain Lion, third-party video drivers, including Air Display’s, have some issues on these specific 15" and 17" MacBook Pro models: Late 2008 through Mid 2009, and Mid 2010. Please see avatron.com/lion for details and effective workarounds.)
To connect to a Windows PC, Air Display requires Windows XP (32-bit only), 7 or 8 (32-bit or 64-bit). Windows Starter edition is not supported.
Your computer and iOS device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- June 06, 2011 New version 1.4
- March 29, 2011 New version 1.3.3
- February 25, 2011 New version 1.3
- December 10, 2010 New version 1.2.2
- October 06, 2010 New version 1.2
- June 24, 2010 New version 1.1
- June 01, 2010 New version 1.0.1
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.4
- July 21, 2011 New version 1.4.2
- October 19, 2011 New version 1.5
- December 07, 2011 New version 1.5.1
- April 03, 2012 New version 1.6
- May 15, 2012 New version 1.6.1
- July 24, 2012 New version 1.6.2
- September 13, 2012 New version 1.6.6
- September 26, 2012 New version 1.7
- January 31, 2013 New version 1.8
- March 22, 2013 New version 1.8.1
- July 21, 2013 New version 1.8.7
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.8.9
- August 23, 2013 New version 1.8.10