- iOS 7 and 8+ support
- Minor fixes
-NOW ON SALE!- Winner of the 'Best Musical Instrument App' in the Best App Ever Awards and iTunes Rewind pick. Just like iBone for iPhone/iPod Touch, it's not only a tool for trombonists-- anyone can play, and it even shows you how!
"...a great tool for trombonists..."
- Robin Eubanks, Trombonist with EB3, Dave Holland, SFJAZZ Collective, 2009 Downbeat Reader's Poll 'Best Trombonist'
"Brilliant! ...great fun to play with too"
- Carol Jarvis, Trombonist with Seal and Sting, Founder Bones Apart
"Future of virtual brass?"
- Music Inc Mag
"...iBone is an interesting experimental blend of gameplay and utility."
- Wired, Game|Life
It's the Trombone for your iPad. Work a little slow? Friend to impress? Simply itching to learn? Whip out your iBone. XL A little big for your pocket, but easier to see and play than the original. Practice and learn scales and songs. Even play-a-long with music from your iPod library -- accompany the lead, or take the solo spot. Don't have a clue? Play-a-long with a tune from the iBone Songbook and let roboBone show you the way.
1. Touch or blow to make a sound.
2. Slide your finger to change pitch.
3. Raise and lower the bell to change volume.
With iBone XL, you can cover the Trombone's standard two and a half octave range plus a little more -- slur up and down, slide in and out, and easily play way out of tune. It's the closest you'll get to the real thing.
No clue about the real thing? Pick a tune from the iBone Songbook, and let roboBone show you the way as you play along with the band accompaniment. Just tap the rings at the bottom of their fall to hit the right note at the right time.
iBone XL comes bundled with seven songs:
- 2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra with orchestra
- Aura Lee with piano
- Air (on a G string) with guitar
- Greensleeves with accordian
- Guantanmera with bass, bongos, guitar and drums
- Ride of the Valkyries with orchestra
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with piano
Additional songs can be purchased and downloaded. Some of these include:
- Sloop John B with Rhythm
- Man of Constant Sorrow with Banjo
- Carol of the Bells with Brass
- First Noel with Ochestra
- O Silent Night with Strings
- O Little Town of Bethlehem with Organ
and more! With more to come.
Whether you play Trombone and need something more portable, or you've never touched one but want to learn, iBone XL.
Visit http://ibone.spoonjack.com to see it in action.
Have your own video to share? Comments? Suggestions? We'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at [email protected]
Q. How do I play with my iPod music?
A. Start the song before loading iBone, and control it by double-clicking the 'Home' button.
Q. Why don't I hear anything?
A. You probably have left the 'Silent' switch on. It's located on the upper left side of your phone.
Any other questions? Please contact us!
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.1.1
- April 14, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- April 17, 2012 New version 1.1.3
- September 22, 2012 New version 1.1.4
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.1.5