• New in-app purchase for Endless Play Mode a whole new way to play Jambalaya. Players are free to make as many words as they can with limitless time; instead of a timer, there is a word count that counts down to zero as players attempt to find every possible word in the letter set. Only 99 cents!
• 5 new Game Center Achievements
• Play music in other applications while playing Jambalaya
• Bug fixes / iOS5 compatibility
Jambalaya is not playable in iOS8, we are currently investigating a resolution.
Jambalaya won a 2011 Pixel Award in the Apps category!
Jambalaya won a 2011 Webby Award!!!
The other Webby Award winning game in the app store? Angry Birds!!! That's pretty impressive company.
Thank you to all of our users that have helped make Jambalaya a success.
Jambalaya is a fast-paced word game that's fun for iPad and iPhone players alike. Jambalaya now offers quick, action packed gameplay whether you're teaming up for tabletop play or going solo on a handheld device. Use your finger to connect letters and form words by drawing a line across the screen. Drag and reorganize your tiles to create space or find new words; give your device a shake to scramble the tiles at random. Get ready for an addictive and challenging word game experience!
You have 2 minutes to accumulate as many points as possible—simple, huh?
Each letter is worth 10 points. The longer the word, the more points you get. Bonus points are awarded for 4 letter words or longer. The more long words you get in a row, the bigger your bonus; as soon as you make a short or invalid word, the bonus scoring ends. Words need to be 3 letters or longer to be valid; each word will only be counted once. So go forth, make long words and score big!
* Draw a line to connect letters and form words
* Beautifully designed interface.
* Game Center Achievments and Leaderboards
* Four Bonuses—earn them to maximize your scoring potential!
* Over 25 possible Achievements and counting!
* Immersive sounds and addictive gameplay.
* Optimized for Retina display and play on iPad and iPhone.
Thanks to great feedback from our users, Jambalaya has some new, improved features and functionality to make gameplay even better! Not only is Jambalaya now a universal App, compatible with all of your OS devices, but we've changed the pinch and tap gameplay to a faster, more bonus-filled race.
Jambalaya featured in Ars Technica and AppCraver
"One iPad feature, multi-touch, allows the tablet to be insanely intuitive. Fastspot gets that. In a world used to clicking and pointing, Jambalaya delivers you the feel of tiles on a table, and the adrenaline of classic timed word-find games like boggle." - AppCraver
Jambalaya is a neat game where you simply re-arrange tiles on the screen to make words. Tilting the iPad re-arranges your letters, allowing you to kick-start your head if you start to freeze up. Perfectly priced at $2.99." - Ars Technica
- February 14, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- February 14, 2012 New version 2.2
- January 20, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- January 14, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.1