Hi all, as always, as soon as the app goes out to you all, you find bugs that the beta testers and I missed!
Here is what's fixed in this update:
- Fixed issue where some of the files in the 'iCloud Drive and other apps’ screen were greyed out.
- Fixed issue where text couldn’t be selected during editing.
- For series and dividers in grid view the name is now shown instead of info about their contents.
- Fixed ‘it’s’ in the tutorial, now says ‘Tap on the slider to see its options’.
Please note, the Box app does not allow other apps to access its document sharing extension unless you have an enterprise level account with them.
Do you want the most features? the best reading experience? Comic Zeal 8 has them both. It was the first comic reader in the App Store and after six years of constant development it’s still the best.
• Organize your collection how YOU want. Put series inside series, use dividers to manage long lists.
• Automatically sorts your comics into series.
• Page zoom AND position lock so you avoid seeing the same borders page after page.
• Automatically opens the next comic when reading.
• Smart with device rotation, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
• Search by comic title and tags.
• Parental lock for individual series.
• WI-Fi using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
• Drop Box, iCloud Drive, Google Drive etc using iOS 8 document sharing.
• AirDrop from a Mac running Yosemite.
• iTunes via USB or Wi-FI
Comic Zeal uses the innovative slider, it's a pointer, a container and a toolbox, all in one. You can push stuff into it, then go anywhere in your collection and drag it out. It's an incredibly fast way to organize your comics.
With the slider you can:
• Reorder comics, put them into the slider in the order you want them, then drag them out.
• Create reading lists (by making copies of comics that don't take up any space on your device)
• Create series and dividers right in the app. Dividers are lists that can hold comics, series and even other dividers.
• Tap the ‘i’ info icon for comics, series and dividers. You can rename entries, sort a series or mark items as read or unread.
• When zooming, hold the gesture for half a second. Comic Zeal will lock that zoom and position when you turn the page, it's a great way to hide borders.
Comics used in the screenshots:
'Escape from Planet Nowhere', © 2010 Otis Frampton, http://planet-nowhere.com/
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.0.7
- November 25, 2014 New version 8.0.6
- June 26, 2014 New version 6.1.4
- January 27, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- January 22, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- November 27, 2013 New version 6.0.25
- October 09, 2013 New version 6.0.20
- September 30, 2013 New version 6.0.19
- September 10, 2013 New version 5.2.6
- August 14, 2013 New version 5.2.5
- May 14, 2013 New version 5.2.1
- May 09, 2013 New version 5.2.0
- April 02, 2013 New version 5.1.19
- December 12, 2012 New version 5.1.14
- November 05, 2012 New version 5.1.12
- June 14, 2012 New version 5.1.7
- June 04, 2012 New version 5.1.4
- February 23, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- November 15, 2011 New version 5.0.36
- June 24, 2011 New version 4.0.26