Hi all! another quick update today. I've added support for more formats of both comics and image files. I've also increased the speed of imports A LOT!
The next update will take a bit longer than they have recently, the Apple World Wide Developers's Conference will be taking up my time followed by a short holiday with Mrs. Bitolithic and the little bitos. Talk to you all soon! (on twitter at @bitolithic if you're so inclined)
- Added support for .cbt files.
- Added support for .webp and .jpe image files.
- Increased speed of imports.
- Fixed some crashing bugs.
Do you want the most features? the best reading experience? Comic Zeal 9 has them both. It was the first comic reader in the App Store, it’s still the best.
• Organize your collection how YOU want. Put series inside series, use dividers to manage long lists.
• Automatically sorts comics into their series.
• Super fast reading view with two-page mode and assisted panning.
• Page position lock so you don’t see the same borders page after page.
• Does the right thing when you rotate your device, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
• Lightning fast search, by comic title and tags.
• Parental lock for individual series.
IN APP PURCHASES
For a very reasonable price you can also unlock
• Comic Finders, create smart series that show you unread comics from all over your library.
• Seven new, gorgeous themes.
• WI-Fi using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
• Drop Box, iCloud Drive, etc using iOS document sharing.
• AirDrop from a Mac.
• iTunes via USB or Wi-FI
Comic Zeal features the innovative slider, it's a pointer, a container and a toolbox, all in one. You can push stuff into it, then go anywhere in your collection and drag it out. It's an incredibly fast way to organize your comics.
With the slider you can:
• Reorder comics, put them into the slider in the order you want them, then drag them out.
• Create reading lists (by making copies of comics that don't take up any space on your device)
• Create series and dividers right in the app. Dividers are lists that can hold comics, series and even other dividers.
• Tap the ‘i’ info icon for comics, series and dividers. You can rename entries, sort a series or mark items as read or unread.
• When zooming, hold the gesture for half a second. Comic Zeal will lock that zoom and position when you turn the page, it's a great way to hide borders.
Comics used in the screenshots:
'Escape from Planet Nowhere', © 2010 Otis Frampton, http://planet-nowhere.com/
Please note, there is a problem with Google Drive’s iOS extension that doesn’t allow you to open comic and other files that they consider to be ’non-standard’. You can read more about it here: https://goo.gl/EKVRbN and here https://goo.gl/XXYRQI . You can open Comics from the Google Drive app itself using the 'Open in ...' option, just not directly from Comic Zeal.
- June 24, 2011 New version 4.0.26
- November 15, 2011 New version 5.0.36
- February 23, 2012 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- June 04, 2012 New version 5.1.4
- June 14, 2012 New version 5.1.7
- November 05, 2012 New version 5.1.12
- December 12, 2012 New version 5.1.14
- April 02, 2013 New version 5.1.19
- May 09, 2013 New version 5.2.0
- May 14, 2013 New version 5.2.1
- August 14, 2013 New version 5.2.5
- September 10, 2013 New version 5.2.6
- September 30, 2013 New version 6.0.19
- October 09, 2013 New version 6.0.20
- November 27, 2013 New version 6.0.25
- January 22, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- January 27, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- June 26, 2014 New version 6.1.4
- November 25, 2014 New version 8.0.6
- December 12, 2014 New version 8.0.7
- September 14, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- September 22, 2015 New version 9.0.2
- July 12, 2016 New version 9.1.2