- Fixes crash in rare situations when selecting city levels
- Fixes sound panning issue
- Fixes issue with inverting y axis over AirPlay
- Fixes issue with using the remote feature along with devices connected to a TV
Chopper 2 is the sequel to the best selling App Store helicopter side scroller, Chopper.
Chopper 2 features 36 action packed missions over 12 unique and beautiful locations. It features a completely re-written 3D game engine, all new enemies, weapons, graphics, and missions, while still retaining the classic side scrolling game-play.
Escort a convoy of vehicles across the desert, or defend a train from enemies emerging from underground mines. Use your laser sight to line up enemies emerging from stairwells in the city. Chase down lines of enemy tanks and choppers while avoiding heat seeking missiles, gunfire and bird strike. Help your allies defend against advancing armies, and rescue stranded civilians, all while trying to complete your mission as fast as possible for the highest score.
Chopper 2 features OpenFeint and Game Center leaderboards and achievements. It is universal for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch, with HD graphics on both the iPad and iPhone 4. It uses the gyroscope where it can for increased control, OpenAL for spatial sound effects and even features an original 17 minute long soundtrack.
If you have both an iPad or Retina display device (iPhone 4 or 4th generation iPod touch) and any other iPhone or iPod touch, you can use the fantastic remote control feature to wirelessly control the iPad/Retina display device with an iPhone/iPod touch over bluetooth or wifi. Then plug the iPad/Retina display device into a TV or display through the component cable or VGA adapter and play Chopper 2 on your TV from your couch!
Chopper 2 is also one of the few games to support full 1080p output to an HD TV over HDMI from the iPad 2, and supports AirPlay mirroring with iOS 5 and an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
Note: TV output is only supported from an iPad, iPhone 4, or 4th generation iPod Touch or better.
This version of Chopper 2 can also be used to control the Mac version, available on the Mac App Store.
"Chopper 2 is a quality production that I can recommend to any gamer with an iPhone platform device. It's miles beyond the original and stands as a perfect example of all that iPhone gaming can be." - touchArcade
"The game looks polished, the controls are well implemented, the physics are above par and the gameplay is addictive. It has cemented its place among the top echelons of games on the App Store and you cannot go wrong buying it." - Macworld
"Chopper 2's iPhone-as-controller is one of the first of its kind. How's it look? Um... awesome." - Gizmodo
"the 3D world looks terrific, the music is excellent, and the titles on screen are in a kind of 3D as well, so that they seem to actually float in the game's real-world space. All in all, it's a very cool game and some excellent work by Frampton's Majic Jungle Software." - TUAW
- February 10, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 04, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- January 04, 2011 New version 1.2
- November 28, 2010 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- November 24, 2010 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- September 27, 2010 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- September 08, 2010 New version 1.1
- October 02, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 06, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 14, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 14, 2011 New version 1.3
- October 31, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 18, 2011 New version 1.3.1
- May 25, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 01, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 31, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 02, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 12, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 19, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99