- Added ability to copy characters to the clipboard (long tap on the characters at the top of the entry screen)
HippoDICT Lite is a free, iAd-supported Chinese-English dictionary with a clean, elegant, and ultra-fast interface.
Built into HippoDICT Lite is the popular 95,000+ entry CC-CEDICT dictionary, augmented with character etymology and a super-fast lookup engine.
- 95,000+ entry built-in dictionary with both Simplified and Traditional characters.
- Pinyin pronunciations.
- Search by characters, pinyin, or English.
- Character etymology.
- Top-notch speed and performance.
- Intelligently ranked search results.
- Decks for organizing and managing common searches.
- Flashcards for every deck, with statistics so you can easily tell what you need to study more.
- SuperMemo-based learning system.
- Convert numbers to their Chinese equivalents.
- Search term history. Tap a previous search phrase to easily re-search.
- Entry history.
- Clean, elegant, and intuitive interface.
HIPPODICT PLUS VERSION:
If you like HippoDICT Lite, you should check out HippoDICT Plus. Additional features include:
- One-touch web integration with Dict.cn, Google Dictionary, MDBG, Nciku, and Yellowbridge.
- Full zhuyin support, so you can: search by zhuyin, view zhuyin pronunciation for all entries, see zhuyin when running flashcards, and select zhuyin when adding an entry to the Learning deck. You can also choose to view zhuyin instead of pinyin in the search results and deck entries.
- Unlimited number of decks (and entries) for organizing and managing common searches.
- Add your own custom entries to any deck.
- Search for entries containing a phrase (not just entries that start with that phrase).
- Back up your decks to your computer.
- Import your decks from your computer.
- No ads.
- "Best Reference Apps Money Can Buy" in iPhone Life magazine
Visit http://hippodict.com for more information and to see HippoDICT in action.
- June 12, 2014 Initial release