What's New- iOS 6 compatibility.â€¨
- Photos are now displayed in full resolution in the editor.â€¨
- Improved stability and performance throughout the app.â€¨
- Redesigned export menu.â€¨
â€¨- Metadata (IPTC) can now be exported in XMP format.â€¨
- Can add lookup values to IPTC fields.
â€¨New features for PRO users:â€¨
- Bulk geo-tagging. Copy geo-tags from one photo and paste over others.â€¨
- Can set DPI for exported photos.â€¨
- Improved FTP history viewer.
- New filtering options in photos browser.
- 4 custom retouch layers (instead of just one in previous version).
App DescriptionPhotogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.â€¨
- Powerful collage maker.
â€¨- Supports uploading multiple photos.â€¨
With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos. â€¨It's a great companion to the camera connection kit. Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP on iPad 2 and the new iPad (max export resolution on iPad 1 is 8 MP).â€¨
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update â€” version 2.0 â€” turns it into arguably the best around."
â€¨- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools (dodge/burn, heal, localized effects and more).
â€¨- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail. â€¨
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more. â€¨
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
â€¨- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
â€¨- Metadata viewer: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc (IPTC editor included). â€¨
- Resize your photos as you export them. â€¨â€¨
Why should I pick Photogene? â€¨
- Photogene works directly with your iPad's photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
â€¨- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
â€¨- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
â€¨- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need. â€¨
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that can show large thumbnails (requires location-services permission). â€¨
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
â€¨- It's a live product. We update it frequently and add new features users had asked for.
September 15, 2012 New version 3.5
April 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
April 21, 2012 New version 3.4
January 30, 2012 New version 3.3
October 21, 2011 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
April 01, 2010 Initial Release