What's New• iOS 6 compatibility update.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
App DescriptionSee a video of Hidden Sky:
Selected by Apple for iTunes Rewind Hot Trends In Apps.
Hundreds of satellites orbit the Earth. Ever wonder where they are? The ISS? The GPS constellation? How about the planets? Need to know where a particular satellite is in the sky to find a clear line of sight for your dish? Mostly invisible to our naked eye, these objects are made visible with this augmented reality app.
Just select the objects you'd like to see from a catalog that includes over a thousand satellites, all of the planets, the Sun, and the Moon. Then simply point the iPhone camera towards the sky. The objects and their orbit tracks are shown over the iPhone camera display in the direction that they actually are from your location.
Interested in one specific object? Select it from your bookmarks, and a 3D arrow will direct you to its place in the sky. Additionally, plenty of information is available for that object: its latitude, longitude, altitude, azimuth, elevation, skew, and range. If it is visible from your location soon, its rise and set times are also available.
What if you'd like to know where an object might be at some other time, not now? Interested in seeing the path of the Sun over the next few hours? Animate the sky using a slider to move time smoothly forward or backward. Or, use the date picker to jump to a specific date and time.
* View satellites, the planets, the Sun, and the Moon and their orbit tracks in augmented reality over the iPhone camera display, or on a 2D map.
* Learn about the objects you are observing with information from the NSSDC catalog and other sources.
* Choose from a catalog of over 1000 satellites which can be updated on demand from www.celestrak.com.
* Search the catalog by object name, NSSDC ID, or NORAD catalog number.
* Use a 3D arrow to easily locate any object in the sky.
* See the latitude, longitude, altitude, azimuth, elevation, skew, range, rise and set times of any object.
* See your location and the iPhone camera's pointing azimuth and elevation.
* Display the Clarke Belt and the horizon.
* Bookmark objects that are saved from run to run.
* Watch objects move across the sky in real time.
* Smoothly animate the objects forward or backwards in time using a slider.
* Jump to a specific date and time.
Because Hidden Sky uses the compass, staying clear of magnetic interference will improve the pointing accuracy. You can also recalibrate Hidden Sky for the best pointing accuracy by moving your device in a figure-8 pattern. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3d00Hr14o for an example.
Find out more information about Hidden Sky and our other apps at www.codeorgana.com. You can also follow us on Twitter @codeorgana.
September 17, 2012 New version 1.0.8
March 14, 2012 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
March 10, 2012 New version 1.0.7
September 07, 2011 New version 1.0.6
July 23, 2011 New version 1.0.5
April 19, 2010 Initial Release