Before downloading, keep in mind unfortunately there are no guarantees of any future updates due to time constraints and other obligations. Everything in the app will continue to work as is.
* Live stats. No more complaining that the numbers are out of date. They're now updated not once, but twice a day.
* Three times the data as compared to the last version.
* New look and feel.
* Baseball card view. You can really find out everything you can about a player.
* Code completely rewritten. Should be overall much faster. It is recommended that you use an iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 3GS/4 or an iPad when using this app, it'll be even more optimized for those devices.
* Easier to navigate through player lists.
* Easier to add, delete and edit lineups and lists.
* Everything that you loved about Batting Goggles is still there.
**Before downloading, keep in mind unfortunately there are no guarantees of any future updates due to time constraints and other obligations. Everything in the app will continue to work as is.**
Featured by Apple as one of the iTunes App Stores top Baseball apps.
Have you ever watched a baseball game and seen a chart showing where in the strike zone the current batter likes the ball?
Now for the first time you can see these charts for every player in baseball!
Batting Goggles is an exciting new application which shows you each batter's batting average and slugging percentage broken down by location.
Plus the hot and cold charts are interactive! You can select to see data for each player vs lefties, vs righties or vs everybody, and split it up by year.
You can also click on each zone to see the number of pitches which the calculations are based on!
It's Heat Maps on your iPhone!
--The long awaited update is finally here. Everything you get in this app should work for you no matter what season it is, we update our stats every day, twice a day.
For your money you get a baseball card of every player with live updated stats. All you have to do is hook up to the internet, and whenever you do, within seconds you'll have every player's updated stats.
Don't just take our word for it, here's a sampling of what various baseball blogs have thought of the app.
To be honest, when I first saw this app released, it seemed kind of superfluous. I wasn't convinced that it was a useful, but upon second thought this is data that would take me ages to figure out myself.
I can already tell this app is going to change how I watch games not only at home, but also when I'm at the ballpark. You will also start to see some of this data in the remaining scouting reports I will be finishing up this week.
How can fans keep track of something like scouting reports? Well, you could make heat maps with MySQL and R. That’s laudable. Alternatively, you could outsource that work to P Implies Q and friends.
River Ave Blues
If you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, check out Batting Goggles. It has tons of information on each batter.
Beyond The Box Score
All in all, it's a great little app that I know I'll be using while watching games this year.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.5
- August 13, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 13, 2011 New version 2.0
- September 25, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99