We revamped your favorite Super Why app with new and improved ways to play, updated and added new animations as well as overall performance improvement to give your Super Reader the tools they need to love and learn to read.
Coming Soon: Update with new words, stickers & more!
Award winning Super Why! app has a new look!
Super Why and the super readers are here to help your child with the critical skills they need to learn to read (and love to read!) These super readers need YOUR help in each literacy game, empowering your child with the power to read.
- 4 unique games hosted by a super reader each focusing on a core literacy skill
- earn 100+ stickers for your sticker book to make your own storybook sticker pages
- Play All feature which allows your reader to play through all the super reader games back to back
ALPHA PIG’S LICKETY LETTER HUNT: Letters
Help Alpha Pig practice the alphabet by identifying the missing letters along the path. Find all the letters to complete the word and earn a sticker!
PRINCESS PRESTO’S WANDS-UP WRITING : Letter Sounds and Letter Writing
Help Princess Presto practice with letter sounds, writing and spelling. First, listen to the letter sound and tap on that letter. Next, write the letter with Princess Presto by tracing the letter with your finger. Finish the word and earn a sticker!
WONDER RED’S RHYMING TIME : Rhyming
Help Wonder Red find the missing rhyming words from her Wonder Words Basket. Listen to the word and then tap on the word that rhymes with it.
SUPER WHY’S STORY SAVER: Reading
Help Super Why read and complete story sentences to save the day! Listen to the story sentence and find the word that matches the pictures. Zap the word into the sentence and earn a sticker!
About SUPER WHY
SUPER WHY! app is based on the PBS KIDS series SUPER WHY, produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises. The breakthrough preschool series is designed to help kids ages 3 to 6 with the critical skills that they need to learn (and love) to read! Out of the Blue Digital is a division of Out of the Blue Enterprises, a leader in children's educational entertainment.
For more learning adventures with SUPER WHY, visit pbskids.org/superwhy.
For more Super Why Reading adventures and different reading levels, check out these Super Why Apps.
Super Why ABC Adventures: Alphabet for 3 to 5 year olds
Play five Super Reader literacy games that help build strategies and skills to master the alphabet! Your child will be introduced to uppercase and lowercase letters and their names, the order of the alphabet, common letter sounds and writing letters as they earn stickers along the way.
Super Why Phonics Fair for 4 to 6 year olds
Play five Super Reader literacy games that focus word building, reading and phonics skills. Your child will be introduced to 30 key word families, like the –ALL word family, as they play each game and earn stickers.
ABOUT PBS KIDS
Super Why! app is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://to.pbs.org/kidsapps.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.5
- July 02, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- July 09, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 10, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- July 11, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 16, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 19, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 23, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 02, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- November 24, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- December 20, 2013 New version 2.33
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.1
- August 19, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- November 07, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- January 05, 2017 New version 4.0