ALL NEW content and updates to enhance the Power to Read experience!
- New read-along functionality in Super Why's Story Saver so your super reader can read along with Super Why
- New enhanced sticker book experience, character animation, and audio
- 10 new stories to read with Super Why, including classic stories such as Dr. Doolittle and The Little Mermaid
- 10 new rhyming families to practice with Wonder Red
- 10 new words to spell with Alpha Pig
- 10 new words to spell with Princess Presto
- 40 new stickers to use in the Sticker Book
- 5 new Super Why show backgrounds to use in the Sticker Book
UPDATE: Parents’ Choice Award-winning Super Why app now has 50% MORE CONTENT featuring new stories to read and words to spell and rhyme! No in-app purchases – all unique Super Reader games are immediately available to empower your child to learn to read!
Each game has been designed to allow children to practice one of five key literacy skills. Through interactive adventures children will learn letter identification, letter sounds, rhyming, writing and reading comprehension, and the critical skills that they need to learn to read (and love to read!) as recommended by the National Reading Panel.
For even more Super Why reading adventures and different literacy skill-building experiences, be sure to check out Super Why Phonics Fair and Super Why ABC Adventures, both available in the Super Why Let’s Read bundle pack.
THIS APP FEATURES
- 4 unique games hosted by a Super Reader each focusing on a different essential reading skill
- Reward system providing 100+ stickers to collect for creating storybook sticker pages
- Play all feature allows your reader to play through all the super reader games back to back
- Play to practice letters and work with over 100+ words!
ALPHA PIG’S LICKETY LETTER HUNT (Encoding Letters)
Help Alpha Pig practice the alphabet by identifying the missing letters along the path. Find all the letters to complete the word!
PRINCESS PRESTO’S WANDS-UP WRITING (Letter Sounds and Letter Writing)
Help Princess Presto practice with letter sounds, writing, and spelling. First, listen to the letter sound and tap on that letter. Next, write the letter with Princess Presto by tracing the letter with your finger to finish the word!
WONDER RED’S RHYMING TIME (Rhyming)
Help Wonder Red find the missing rhyming words from her Wonder Words Basket. Listen to the word and then tap on the word that rhymes with it.
SUPER WHY’S STORY SAVER (Reading)
Help Super Why read and complete story sentences to save the day! Listen to the story sentence and find the word that matches the pictures. Zap the word into the sentence to complete the story!
For more Super Why Reading adventures and different literacy skill-building experiences, check out these Super Why Apps!
Super Why ABC Adventures - Alphabet for 3 to 5-year-olds
Play five Super Reader games, each designed to help your child master their letter knowledge! Your child will practice uppercase and lowercase letters, the order of the alphabet, common letter sounds, and writing letters as they earn stickers along the way.
Super Why Phonics Fair – Phonics for 4 to 6-year-olds
Play five Super Reader literacy games that focus on word building, reading, and phonics skills. Your child will work with 60 key word families, like the –ALL word family, as they play each game and earn stickers.
SUPER WHY Power to Read is based on the PBS KIDS series SUPER WHY, produced by Out of the Blue Enterprises. The breakthrough preschool series is designed to help kids ages 3 to 6 with the critical skills that they need to learn (and love) to read! Out of the Blue Digital is a division of Out of the Blue Enterprises, a leader in children's educational entertainment.
For more learning adventures with SUPER WHY, visit pbskids.org/superwhy
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps
About PBS KIDS
SUPER WHY Power to Read is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.5
- July 02, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- July 09, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 10, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- July 11, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 16, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 19, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 23, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 02, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- November 24, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- December 20, 2013 New version 2.33
- October 14, 2014 New version 3.1
- August 19, 2016 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- November 07, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- January 05, 2017 New version 4.0
- July 14, 2017 New version 4.1