What's NewMinor fix to signup page preventing scrolling.
App DescriptionOpenAPRS iPhone Edition brings the world of APRS right to your iPhone. Paired with iPhoneâ€™s built in map engine, Internet connection and GPS, OpenAPRS gives you access to check your APRS messages, beacon your position and view other Amateur Radio operators anywhere in the world.
NEW! Supports APRS messaging via push notifications. When an APRS message is sent to your callsign via APRS-IS or RF (if it gets igated) you can be alerted to the new message even when the app is closed.
NEW! Beacon your position while the app is in the background.
Send your position with any model iPhone by assisted GPS, cell phone triangulation or manual coordinate entry. Share your trip with your friends as they view you on their iPhones, APRS software connected to APRS-IS or on the OpenAPRS website:
Posted positions can also be viewed at other APRS websites such as aprs.fi, findu.com and APRSWorld.
Check your APRS messages or send a message to a friend right from OpenAPRS iPhone Edition. Our servers are always on to receive and store your messages so you donâ€™t have to keep a station running 24/7. Never miss a message again!
Non or aspiring Amateur Radio operators can also view APRS activity near them on OpenAPRS iPhone Edition but will not be able to send their position or messages. Not yet a HAM operator? There is still time, check out www.arrl.net for information on how to study and where to take your Technician class exam today; no morse code required!
A free account with OpenAPRS is required to send your position or send and receive messages. Signing up is easy, simply open up OpenAPRS iPhone Edition, click the signup tab, fill out the form and click Signup! The app will automatically contact our servers and set up your account. You will need to have a valid email account to receive our activation message to activate your account. The activation email should be received within about 15 minutes, click the activation link, start up OpenAPRS iPhone Edition and youâ€™re all set.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you already have an unverified account with OpenAPRS and purchase this app, you DO NOT need to also pay to have your account verified. Existing account users can use the Signup tab in the app to convert their account to verified status for free. Reviews that state you must also pay additional costs for verification are inaccurate and did not read the instructions with the app and did not contact support for help.
- Callsign SSID support.
- Ability to change your APRS Icon.
- Auto beaconing on a user settable interval.
- Custom position comment.
- Breadcrumb creation to show your beaconed positions throughout your trip.
- Auto centering map on movement.
- Ability to disable the iPhone screen saver to use as a map during your travels
- Manual coordinate entry if desired for beacons instead of using automatic GPS coordinates.
- Supports sending and receiving APRS messages to your callsign + SSID. You donâ€™t have to be online when a message is sent to you, our servers will store messages until you check them.
- Distance traveled indicator.
- Estimated speed based on time and position change between updates (not to be used as an actual speedometer).
- Built in compass that works on 3GS or higher iPhones.
- Search for stations by callsign (wildcards accepted)
- Course and speed included in position reports.
- Station icons rotate to their reported bearing.
- Symbol overlay support.
OpenAPRS iPhone Edition will run on iPod touch but will need to have coordinates entered manually unless it is connected to a well-known WiFi location.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
January 11, 2012 New version 2.4.1
December 09, 2011 New version 2.4.0
March 11, 2010 Initial Release