NEW: Directly look up words in Safari! (iOS 8) To get the translations you need simply select your text, click on Share and choose the dictionary you want to use. You will need to have added your chosen dictionary via Share and the option “More” beforehand.
+ Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
+ Optimized loading time
+ Bug fix for iPad Air
We´re happy to answer your questions and comments, which you can email to [email protected]
A medium-sized dictionary with 295,000 keywords, phrases and translations.
Do you read and write in Polish in your everyday life, your spare time or your job?
Then the PONS Dictionary Polish - English CONCISE is the right reference tool for you.
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
About the contents:
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 120,000 keywords and phrases and more than 175,000 translations
• Contains both language directions (English- Polish and Polish-English)
• Includes specialist terminology on politics, economy, medicine and sport
• With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Directly look up words (iOS8): simply highlight text in the Safari web browser, click on the share button at the bottom of your screen and chose the dictionary App. All words which can be looked up in the dictionary will now be visible.
• Any words you copy from a different application (e.g. on the Internet) are imported directly into the app’s search box and the relevant dictionary entry is displayed (iOS 7 and higher).
• Look-up without typing: You don’t even have to type it, but you can simply enter the search word in your own handwriting. Your search word will appear in the search box as a suggestion.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
• Search for Polish headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘Polish => English’ to ‘English => Polish’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click.
• Individual settings. Use the range of options like defining the text size.
• Use the history function to call up your last 100 word searches again – at a click.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© FotoKachna - Fotolia.com
- February 19, 2015 New version 3.58.240
- January 29, 2015 Price increase: $13.99 -> $14.99
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.56.489
- September 28, 2014 New version 3.56.343
- May 10, 2014 New version 3.52.97
- December 17, 2013 New version 3.37
- December 13, 2013 Price increase: $9.99 -> $13.99
- December 09, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- December 07, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- December 05, 2013 Price decrease: $16.99 -> $7.99
- November 05, 2013 New version 3.35
- February 23, 2013 New version 3.29
- December 20, 2012 New version 3.25
- November 01, 2012 Price decrease: $18.99 -> $16.99
- August 04, 2012 New version 3.20.1
- May 12, 2012 New version 3.19
- November 18, 2011 New version 3.11
- July 10, 2011 New version 2.42
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.32