NEW: Translate easily in iBooks or Safari via your clipboard.
We are happy to receive your feedback: Send your questions and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
A medium-sized dictionary with 295,000 keywords, phrases and translations.
Do you read and write in Polish in your everyday life, your spare time or your job?
Then the PONS Dictionary Polish - English CONCISE is the right reference tool for you.
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
About the contents:
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 120,000 keywords and phrases and more than 175,000 translations
• Contains both language directions (English- Polish and Polish-English)
• Includes specialist terminology on politics, economy, medicine and sport
• With context examples, information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality.
• Direct look-up (iOS 8): Simply select a text in Safari, tap the share button and choose a dictionary. All of the words in the text that can be looked-up are then displayed.
• Look-ups from other applications: Copy individual words or whole sentences to the Clipboard, switch back to the dictionary app and individually look up all the words.
• Learn vocabulary: You can define words that you would like to learn as a vocabulary card. This allows vocabulary to be learned quickly and effectively.
• You can look up keywords in any of their forms (declined or conjugated): available for German, English, French, Spanish and Russian.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Listen to numerous keywords spoken by native speakers and practise your pronunciation: available for German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services.
© FotoKachna - Fotolia.com
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.32
- July 10, 2011 New version 2.42
- November 18, 2011 New version 3.11
- May 12, 2012 New version 3.19
- August 04, 2012 New version 3.20.1
- November 01, 2012 Price decrease: $18.99 -> $16.99
- December 20, 2012 New version 3.25
- February 23, 2013 New version 3.29
- November 05, 2013 New version 3.35
- December 05, 2013 Price decrease: $16.99 -> $7.99
- December 07, 2013 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- December 09, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- December 13, 2013 Price increase: $9.99 -> $13.99
- December 17, 2013 New version 3.37
- May 10, 2014 New version 3.52.97
- September 28, 2014 New version 3.56.343
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.56.489
- January 29, 2015 Price increase: $13.99 -> $14.99
- February 19, 2015 New version 3.58.240
- September 14, 2015 New version 3.59.23