- New Export feature allows you to share your interview audio files.
- Images are pre-cached for faster browsing and improved page loads.
- More improvements to player interface.
- Permissions are pre-verified to avoid accidental loss or problems with your recording.
- Several bug fixes.
Thanks so much for your suggestions, and to anyone who has alerted us about issues and new features you'd like to see. Keep your feedback coming!
More exciting improvements are scheduled for this winter, so check back for updates soon!
--The StoryCorps App team
Founded in 2003, the nonprofit organization StoryCorps, based in Brooklyn, New York has given 100,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. It is the largest single collection of human voices ever gathered.
StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these stories with the world through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and best-selling books. These powerful conversations illustrate our shared humanity and show how much more we share in common than divides us.
StoryCorps interviews have traditionally been recorded in StoryCorps booths in the United States with the assistance of StoryCorps facilitators. With the introduction of this app, StoryCorps interviews can now be recorded anywhere, anytime and shared to our companion website at StoryCorps.me. For at least one year after launch, interviews shared to StoryCorps.me through the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the United States Library of Congress.
To learn more, visit StoryCorps.org and StoryCorps.me.
- March 12, 2015 New version 2.1
- March 26, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- July 01, 2015 New version 2.1.5
- October 09, 2015 New version 2.2.0
- November 17, 2015 New version 2.2.1
- February 15, 2016 New version 2.2.2
- July 08, 2016 New version 2.3.0
- August 19, 2016 New version 2.4.0
- December 21, 2016 New version 2.4.3