This version (2.3.0) has several new improvements, including:
- Ability to delete interviews on your device without deleting them on StoryCorps.me
- Better crash tracking to improve future versions
- Removed guest access so all users must have an account
- Improved onboarding age selector
- Several bug fixes
Thanks so much for being a part of StoryCorps! More updates and improvements are on the way soon!
-- StoryCorps Digital
Founded in 2003, the nonprofit organization StoryCorps, based in Brooklyn, New York has given 100,000 people the chance to record interviews about their lives, pass wisdom from one generation to the next, and leave a legacy for the future. It is the largest single collection of human voices ever gathered.
StoryCorps shares edited excerpts of these stories with the world through popular weekly NPR broadcasts, animated shorts, digital platforms, and best-selling books. These powerful conversations illustrate our shared humanity and show how much more we share in common than divides us.
StoryCorps interviews have traditionally been recorded in StoryCorps booths in the United States with the assistance of StoryCorps facilitators. With the introduction of this app, StoryCorps interviews can now be recorded anywhere, anytime and shared to our companion website at StoryCorps.me. For at least one year after launch, interviews shared to StoryCorps.me through the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the United States Library of Congress.
To learn more, visit StoryCorps.org and StoryCorps.me.
- March 12, 2015 New version 2.1
- March 26, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- July 01, 2015 New version 2.1.5
- October 09, 2015 New version 2.2.0
- November 17, 2015 New version 2.2.1
- February 15, 2016 New version 2.2.2
- July 08, 2016 New version 2.3.0