We quickly fixed an issue where some Slate Plus users were having trouble restoring their accounts. Sorry about that!
Remember that redesign of the magazine we did in late 2013? Well, the app is finally taking after it! Hooray for cohesive design across platforms! Not only does the app look better but it works a lot better than before. Here are some of the other things we did:
Enhancements and Fixes You’ve Been Asking For:
- Remember when you tried to email a story, the URL wouldn’t show up in the message body? Fixed it.
- Remember when you wanted to watch a video but the video was weirdly missing? Fixed it.
- Slate Plus members: you can now access Slate Plus content.
- For readers interested in Slate Plus: you can now purchase Slate Plus via in app purchases.
Enhancements We’ve Been Eager To Make:
- Our podcasts have been updated. Get your Mike Pesca fix here!
- Push notifications. We won’t bug you too much.
- The app name now says Slate instead of Slate.com.
- Many, many stability improvements.
What We Haven’t Changed:
- Our insightful, smart, and occasionally humorous content. Thank you for reading!
One last piece of great news is we’ll be bringing you more exciting updates in near future on a more regular schedule.
Enjoy Slate, the award-winning daily online magazine, on the iPhone. Slate’s wry, insightful reporting and commentary on politics, news, and culture is now available in an application designed to optimize iPhone reading, listening, and viewing. The app offers a clean, easy-to-use interface and includes Slate articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Access to the latest Slate articles and blogs, including Slate’s popular political and legal commentary, movie and television reviews, and daily news Explainer column.
- Slate’s popular daily podcasts, including the Political Gabfest, the Culture Gabfest, and The Gist. The app allows users to play podcasts in the background while browsing other content.
- A home screen designed to showcase Slate’s top stories while allowing readers to browse the most recent and most popular stories.
- Tools that let users share Slate stories and features via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and SMS.
- Our membership product, Slate Plus is now available via in app purchase.
The app is free to download, however we do display advertisements within the app. Additionally we offer the ability to log in to your existing Slate Plus account or purchase a new Slate Plus account through the in app purchases. Your Slate Plus account can be used on your iOS devices as well as our website. To use your Slate Plus subscription on other devices you must create an account after completing your purchase. You can always create an account at a later time if you choose not to do so initially after your purchase.
With your Slate Plus subscription, you'll receive:
- Access to all Slate Plus content
- An ad-free experience
By creating an optional account you’ll also receive:
- Single-page articles
- In-page commenting
- Bonus podcast segments
- Early release, member-only and ad-free podcasts
- Access to Slatesters
- Access to premium seating at our live events
- Early access to and 30% off tickets to our live events
Slate Plus Subscription details:
There are two subscription option available for purchase: $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year (Save 17% with the annual) plan. New content is continuously being published by our writers. Your account will automatically renew at the end of each month or year depending on your subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to user account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
For additional information regarding Slate Plus please see our FAQ:
For additional information regarding auto renewal settings please refer to this link:
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to [email protected]
- March 20, 2015 New version 4.0.1
- March 19, 2015 New version 4.0
- November 25, 2014 New version 3.3.8
- August 21, 2014 New version 3.3.6
- August 03, 2014 New version 3.3.5
- June 26, 2014 New version 3.3.4
- March 14, 2014 New version 3.3.2
- March 10, 2014 New version 3.3.1
- February 27, 2014 New version 3.3
- December 06, 2013 New version 3.0.4
- October 06, 2013 New version 3.0.3
- September 29, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- September 20, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- September 08, 2013 New version 3.0
- December 05, 2012 New version 2.1
- September 11, 2012 New version 2.0.6
- August 29, 2012 New version 2.0.5
- December 04, 2011 New version 2.0.4
- October 21, 2011 New version 2.0.3
- September 29, 2011 New version 2.0.2
- September 02, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- July 20, 2011 New version 2.0
- July 20, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!