What's NewThis update brings simple visual indicators of Project and Sprint status as well as several minor enhancements and fixes.
* Project Status Icons
Each Project now has an icon indicating its general status.
- Blue Square: No Active Sprint
- Green Circle: Has Active Sprint
- Yellow Triangle: Active Sprint is falling behind
- Red Diamond: Active Sprint is past end date and incomplete
* Project Details Text
Each Project now has a configurable text field that shows one of the following pieces of information:
- Estimated End Date
- Start Date
- Average Velocity
- Work Remaining
* Sprint Header shows progress by color
- Green: Active and on schedule
- Yellow: Active and falling behind
- Red: Active and past end date with work remaining
- Blue: Unstarted
- Grey: Completed
* Improved Statistics Calculations
- Empty Completed Sprints can be ignored (configurable)
- Estimated Velocity takes into consideration varying Sprint Lengths from past Sprints
- Estimated Velocity based on actual time passed in Sprints, rather than initial Sprint length
* Visual Updates
- Sprint Headers are better looking and more functional (semi-transparent)
- Added Icons for Project and Task insertion
- Added Icons for the Backlog and Sprint Burndown Charts
- Fixed layout issues in the Help section.
- Deleting a Task now properly recreates Sprints.
- Empty Sprints are no longer created after starting a Sprint.
App DescriptionPicoScrum is a task management application that helps you break down projects into short-term intervals called Sprints. Rather than setting arbitrary due dates for each Task, PicoScrum lets you discover realistic end-dates for your Projects based on how much time you actually have available to work on them.
Here's how it works:
* Create Projects to organize your Tasks.
You can create any number of Projects, and each one defines the size and duration of Sprints created within the Project.
LITE version supports a maximum of 1 Project.
* Create Tasks within each Project.
You can create any number of Tasks. Each Task begins with an initial estimate, and Tasks are automatically organized into Sprints based on how much work a Sprint can hold. Tasks can also be prioritized by simple drag and drop operations.
LITE version supports a maximum of 10 Tasks.
* Start Sprinting.
Each Project can have one active Sprint at a time. You can start a Sprint whenever you are ready, and update each Task as you perform work against it. When finished, complete the Sprint to move on to the next one.
LITE version supports a maximum of 1 completed Sprint.
* Check Your Progress.
Each Project has a Dashboard which displays useful Sprint and Project statistics including your projected end date and how much work is remaining. Each Sprint shows you how many days are left and what percentage of the work has been completed. You can see a visual indication of your progress by looking at the Burndown Chart from the Dashboard as well.
LITE version does not provide a Burndown Chart.
PicoScrum gives you a wide range of clearly presented information that will help you determine whether or not you are on target to meet your goals. Based on this information, you can adjust your plans and change your Sprint durations and/or sizes accordingly.
PicoScrum is ideal for organizing related sets of tasks into Projects. Some examples are:
+ Developing a software application.
+ Renovating your kitchen.
+ Landscaping your yard.
+ Organizing a school memory book for the PTO.
+ School projects.
If you're looking to track sets of unrelated tasks (ie: "Get a haircut", "Pick up some groceries", "Get stamps at the Post Office"), there are many very good "To-Do List" applications that may be a better fit for you.
April 23, 2011 New version 1.3
March 02, 2010 Initial Release