What's New20+ new artists including Anders Zorn, David Cox, Jules Cheret and Umberto Boccioni
Art from many new locations
Access to thousands of new works
App DescriptionA comprehensive collection of works by over 1,000 of the western world's major artists, from ancient times to today. In your pocket! Organized by period and artist, Art Authority's 60,000+ paintings and sculptures are downloaded as needed and displayed chronologically for each artist, with detailed captioning. In-depth information about the periods and artists is also available.
From the earliest creative pieces to the latest modern and contemporary works, Art Authority provides an impressively displayed, carefully selected, well organized view of the western art world that is both broad and deep.
- Ancient, Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionist, Modern and Contemporary periods
- Special section on American art
- Art movements and/or nationalities within each period
- Overall index to all 1000+ artists, plus indices for each period
- Continuous shuffle through all art or by period
- Captions with work title, date, location and other details
- Access to in-depth information on each artist and period
- Full-screen slideshow display, with user-settable transitions
- Multi-touch controls including double-tap and pinch zoom, flick and rotate
- Gallery-like, scrolling thumbnail view, displaying up to 60 works at a time (shake for more)
- Save images to the Photo app
- Add your own music to any show
How does Art Authority bring this vast world of art to you? We download most of it all from our own servers, where it's been optimized for quality, size and speed. For more recent works still under copyright, Art Authority downloads from an authorized Web site instead. The result: a comprehensive, continual view of western art from its origins through current times.
November 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
October 22, 2013 New version 3.6.2
January 19, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
December 12, 2012 New version 3.6.1
February 19, 2010 Initial Release