App Description"...its like the other painting apps are kids crayons and this is a proper set of Artists oils. You can almost smell the linseed oil."
- Andy Cook (allaboutiphone.net)
"Hands-down, Inspire is the most addictive and fun painting app available for the iPhone..."
- Michael Essany (theiphoneappreview.com)
"Very enjoyable painting app. The blending feature is awesome... To anyone looking for a similar to Painter painting experience on the iPhone, I strongly recommend Inspire."
- Thierry Schiel (fingerpainted.it)
"One of the greatest features of this app is just how much control you have over what your brush strokes look like and what they actually do to the painting."
- David Hayward (appshouter.com)
"Inspire was one of my favorites out of all the iPhone painting apps I've reviewed so far."
- Sue Chastain (about.com)
Don't let the limitations of other painting applications inhibit your creative potential. Try Inspire and you will quickly see that this is a painting app like no other! The key feature of Inspire is that it simulates wet oil paint on a canvas, allowing amazing blending effects.
- There are many different brush sizes to choose from that allow large, sweeping strokes as well as fine, precise strokes.
- A brush can be loaded with different amounts of paint, including no paint at all for a dry brush.
- Varying amounts of pressure can be used with a dry brush to achieve many different kinds of blending effects.
- A brush can be rotated a full 360 degrees to allow a variety of different strokes.
- The location and behavior of individual bristles are completely randomized in every way, ensuring that no two brush strokes ever look exactly the same.
- The intuitive painting menu completely disappears when dismissed and rotates to accommodate the current orientation of the device.
- 200 levels of undo and redo are available.
- Choose any paint color quickly and easily with the natural color picker. Transparent colors can be chosen to simulate a glazing effect. Previously used colors are saved and can be selected from a grid.
- The eye dropper tool can be used to select paint colors that are already on the canvas and can be invoked using a tap and hold gesture.
- The canvas can be moved around and zoomed in and out up to 3200% to get a better view of certain areas and help with painting small, accurate strokes.
- Strokes can be painted on the canvas at a fully customizable offset location relative to where the screen is touched.
- A dry brush can be quickly toggled on and off by shaking the device.
Visit the online gallery at KiwiPixel.com to see what people like you can do with creative potential and Inspire.
Full Version Features
- Two different canvas sizes to choose from: (320 x 480) and (480 x 480).
- Four different kinds of paint brushes to choose from: a flat brush, round brush, fan brush and palette knife.
- Paint actually "breaks" as it depletes off the palette knife, allowing techniques such as layering and the creation of textures.
- Images can be imported from your Photos and positioned, rotated and scaled onto a new canvas.
- Save up to 100 paintings in your gallery and easily export any painting to your Photos. Saved gallery paintings can also be deleted and duplicated.
- Paintings can be sent via email from within the application, attached as uncompressed PNG files.
- Paintings can be exported at resolutions of up to (2880 x 2880) in both PNG and JPEG formats using the free to download Inspire Exporter application available for both Windows and Mac OS X.
February 24, 2010 Initial Release