148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SOLID :: Read Our Full Review >>
If you don't have a Bejeweled-style game yet, Babo Crash is a good choice. The lack of additional modes and innovation keep it from being a must-have, but the fast tempo and new power-ups should please genre fans nevertheless.
What's New- New Relaxo game mode - no time pressure, no chompiis!
- New Rush game mode - score as high as possible in 75 seconds!
- New leaderboards + achievements for the new game modes
- Ability to post high scores to Twitter and Facebook
- Restructured game save/restore process to be more reliable
- Mucho fixes to game to eliminate crashes
App Description"Bejeweled on Steroids!" - AppModo
"Absolute must download" - 94% - Gamers' Temple
"Visual ballet of gem destruction" - 4/5 - Touch Gen
"Fun, addictive...should not be looked over" - 4/5 - Apple.ism
"Editors Choice Award" - 9/10 - BuyMeAnIPhone.com
"If you like Bejeweled...you'll probably ditch it for this one... it's that good." - 8/10 - Destructoid
"Great twist on the Match-3 gameplay" - 3/4 - Slide to Play
"Surprising and addictive...hard to put down" - Beatweek
"Handily the best [match-3 game] native to iPad" - The APPera
"Adds excitement back into the genre" - Touch Arcade
"Kick a*s" "Bejeweled on acid" - iGameRadio
"Loads of fun" - AppShouter
"Not your Grandma's Match 3 Game!" - Crazy Mike's Apps
"Graphics are awesome...great departure from the ordinary" - 148apps.com
"Grab it" - TouchMyApps.com
"A very refreshing match three experience" - Appolicious
"The gameplay is the hammer! Absolutely perfect!" - Apfelbiss
[Admittedly that last one is translated from German, and we don't *exactly* know what it means - but we *think* it's a good thing. :) ]
Featured by Apple in "New and Noteworthy" games, "What's Hot" games, and "What we're playing" games - April 2010.
Featured by Gizmodo in "This Week's Best iPhone Apps" - April 24, 2010.
Featured by OpenFeint "Free Game of the Day" and "Best of Free Games of the Day."
FreeAppReport.com Featured App!
* * *
Note - this game contains both iPhone and iPad HD versions of the game - for one low price!!!
Match 3 with a *twist* !
The heroes and villians of the Babo universe unite to duke it out for high scores in a Match 3 game!
Collect gems and fight the Chompii infestation!
- Addictive, high tempo match 3 action
- Gorgeous graphics with over-the-top special effects + HD!
- Strategically rotate your iphone to control collapses
- Unleash heroic abilities to destroy tons of gems
- Combo/multiplier system - the faster you match, the higher you score
- 3 game modes - Crash (over 21 levels of madness), Relaxo (lower tempo, no time limits, no chompiis) and Rush (75 seconds for high score!)
- Leaderboards and Achievements via OpenFeint
- Game save/restore
Based on the Babo characters from
May 06, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
April 30, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
March 29, 2010 Initial Release