- Bug fix
- New overextended category
This app provides a list of the most oversold and overbought S&P 500 stocks for short and long term outlook.
How do we define oversold and overbought?
A moving average is a technical analysis term used to describe the average price for a stock over a trailing period, usually several days or months. They are used by technical analysts to discover trends in stock prices.
One of the simplest measures of market internals is the percentage of stocks above/below their moving averages.
Any moving average can be used, although the most common are the 20, 50 and 200 day simple moving averages (SMA).
This is a useful metric because as stocks move above and below their moving averages, they get stretched away from the average basis that traders or investors entered at.
Even though the spread between the price and SMA is a good indicator, our tests show that it is not enough to find the most oversold and overbought stocks. The simple reason behind this is the stocks volatility. This concept is overlooked by most of the traders.
So what does “Overextended Stocks” application offer?
Our financial model computes the oversold/overbought levels for each stock for the 9, 20, 50, 100, 150 and 200-day SMAs by using 5-yr historical spreads and then ranks the most overbought/oversold stocks for each SMA category.
Please note that this application does not provide a forecast for these stocks, but it helps you narrow your research when looking for overextended stocks.
- July 15, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- July 15, 2011 New version 2.0
- August 02, 2011 New version 2.1
- August 22, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 06, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- January 22, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 04, 2013 New version 3.0
- March 05, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- April 17, 2013 New version 3.1
- June 02, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- June 10, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 19, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 23, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- July 28, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- November 23, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 12, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!