- Fixed a crashing bug with opening the app after a workout is completed.
Run 10km (6.2 miles) with this simple series of interval workouts designed to gradually build your endurance. The Run 10k app is perfect for beginner runners and former runners who want to start running again. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated, spoken stretching programs.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Integrates with the Health app and HealthKit.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 13-week training program for beginners.
• Each workout ranges from 40 to 76 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• Tapers in the last week for your 10k race.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are optional.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, the halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every mile or km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace, and distance.
COMING FROM RUN 5K?
If you’ve completed our Run 5k app and you're feeling good, you can start on Week 4 or 5 of our Run 10k app to continue your training. If you’re a couch potato, start from Week 1, or check out our Run 5k app first.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 10k in the list. Tap on Run 10k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
This app can be integrated with the Health app and be used with HealthKit. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and the total Active Calories burned can be saved to HealthKit after each workout. Sharing this information with HealthKit is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k can use GPS location tracking during a workout. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 10k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
- February 02, 2015 New version 6.0.4
- December 28, 2014 New version 6.0.3
- October 25, 2014 New version 6.0.2
- October 04, 2014 New version 6.0.1
- October 02, 2014 New version 6
- June 21, 2014 New version 5.4
- April 01, 2014 New version 5.3
- January 24, 2014 New version 5.2
- January 04, 2014 New version 5.1
- December 02, 2013 New version 5.0
- July 22, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- July 19, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- June 19, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- June 17, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- June 13, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 26, 2013 New version 4.3
- March 09, 2013 New version 4.2
- February 21, 2013 New version 4.1.1
- January 12, 2013 New version 4.1
- December 24, 2012 New version 4.0
- December 04, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 27, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 21, 2012 New version 3.0
- July 11, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 16, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- December 02, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 02, 2011 New version 2.0
- November 14, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $9.99
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.5