What's New❤ Wahoo ANT+ heart rate monitor support.
❤ Fixed bug with distance and pace being saved with the wrong workout.
❤ Fixed layout bug with heart rate readout.
App DescriptionRun 10km (6.2 miles) with this simple series of interval workouts designed to gradually build your endurance. The Run 10k app is perfect for beginner runners and former runners who want to start running again. This app has built-in voice prompts to coach you through each workout and keeps track of your workout progress.
The program follows a 3-days-a-week workout schedule over 13 weeks, alternating walking and running intervals for each workout.
If you're not sure about a 10k or would like to start with a 5k, you can train first with our Run 5k app and then switch to Run 10k when you're done. Start around Week 5 in the app to continue your training.
Run 10k was created by Lucius Kwok and Kasten Searles. Additional content by Agnes Chan. Made in NYC.
☆ ☆ Features ☆ ☆
• GPS location support! Tracks and displays your distance and pace during the workout.
• Full-screen, dynamic warmup stretches and static cooldown stretches with timer and voice cues.
• Wahoo Blue HR and ANT+ heart rate monitor support.
• Manually check your heart rate by tapping once per heartbeat on the heart icon.
• Workouts that are about one hour alternating jogging and walking, plus a 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown.
• Workout intervals that gradually become more challenging.
• Audio cues for jog and walk intervals, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Automatically checks off and tracks the date of each completed workout.
• Music controls for your own playlists, or use the app with other music and podcast apps.
• Facebook and/or Twitter sharing.
• VoiceOver support.
☆ ☆ Audio Cues and Notifications ☆ ☆
If you're not getting Notifications in the background, do this: open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 10k in the list. Tap on the Run app and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
☆ ☆ GPS Support ☆ ☆
To show distance and pace information, this app uses GPS location tracking, which works best when you're outside and can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
March 26, 2013 New version 4.3
March 09, 2013 New version 4.2
February 21, 2013 New version 4.1.1
January 12, 2013 New version 4.1
December 28, 2012 New version 4.0
January 15, 2010 Initial Release