We've made several changes to the AccuWeather experience based on your feedback.
- You can now easily reorder sections by going to Settings, Pressing "Reorder Sections", and then use the reorder gripper to move sections around. As a Platinum user you may also hide sections that you are not interested in.
- Settings has been moved to the persistent navigation button which is displayed as "..." in the lower right hand corner.
- Maps has seen an overhaul. It is now easier to navigate into and out of. Simply "swipe right" and the map will be revealed. You can also get to maps through the persistent navigation button, the map button in currently section, and now via the new map icon in the upper-left of the app.
• When you want to leave maps you can press the X in the upper-right of the maps screen or by swiping on the slider handle to the right of maps (shown as a < ).
• Faster Loading - The app has seen a dramatic improvement to its load time.
• AccuWeather now fully supports all Right-to-Left Languages.
• 3D Touch support for 6S and 6S+ users has been added. You can now get Quick Actions from the App Icon to various sections of the app. You can also use Peek-and-Pop on the Daily Forecast section.
• Fixed a bug where the Watch App could get stuck in Celsius after an update.
• Fixed a bug where a user was sometimes taken to the wrong day in the Daily Details screen from the Daily Forecast section.
• Fixed a bug that was preventing the Share button from working on Videos.
If you enjoy using the AccuWeather app, please consider rating it after each update. The feedback we get from you helps us to continue to make our product better.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life. This award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• A widget available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather Platinum – Weather for Life today and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
- December 14, 2012 New version v5.5
- December 14, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 20, 2013 New version 6.0
- March 22, 2013 New version 6.0.1
- April 02, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- April 30, 2013 New version 6.0.2
- July 30, 2013 New version 6.0.4
- November 01, 2013 New version 6.0.5
- February 27, 2014 New version 7.0.4
- April 18, 2014 New version 7.0.10
- October 08, 2014 New version 7.3.3
- October 19, 2014 New version 7.3.4
- November 04, 2014 New version 7.3.6
- December 29, 2014 New version 8.0.7
- December 29, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- February 17, 2015 New version 8.1.0
- April 25, 2015 New version 8.2.0
- June 22, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- July 21, 2015 New version 8.4.0
- August 11, 2015 New version 8.5.0
- September 09, 2015 New version 8.5.2
- November 09, 2015 New version 9.0
- December 01, 2015 New version 9.1
- December 22, 2015 New version 9.2
- January 13, 2016 New version 9.2.1
- February 22, 2016 New version 9.3