What's New*** If you delete your app before installing the update you will lose your settings and saved locations. To avoid this we recommend that you update via the iTunes app on your computer. ***
- WORKS WITH iOS6: Don't worry if you have already upgraded your iPhone or iPad to iOS6. This app is fully tested with iOS6 so you can update with confidence.
- OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone 5
- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- TOMTOM PLACES: Tap into TomTom Places, search results designed for drivers. Helping you find anything from a local gas station to a supermarket, wherever you are. Type in your search word, find matching locations, and let your app take you there. NOTE: When used, these features need to share your location in order to work. Full details can be found in the about screen of the app.
- WORKS WITH APPLE MAPS: When you find a place to visit using the Apple Maps app, TomTom can guide you there. Simply select TomTom as the routing app and enjoy world-class car navigation. (requires iOS6).
- HD TRAFFIC: Receive more accurate traffic jam locations, road closures, and road work zones. The improved HD Traffic service helps you to get to your destination even faster.
- GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH: due to the discontinuation of the Google Local Search service, TomTom has decided to remove the feature. You can still search for locations using TomTom Places. Alternatively you can search Google in your browser and use the Copied Address feature to plan routes to these locations.
App DescriptionTomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation thatâ€™s trusted by 65 million drivers.
Optimized for iPhone 5 and includes FREE Lifetime Maps
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldnâ€™t be easier. Youâ€™ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigationâ€™s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and youâ€™ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. Itâ€™s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
- TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad â€“ so you can plan a new route, get re-routed, or search for points of interest. Without needing data coverage.
- FREE Lifetime Maps. Always drive with the latest map and get to your destination faster. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
- FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 21 million strong Map Share community.
- IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
- HD Traffic. Faster. Proven. (available via in-app purchase)(1)
- Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebookâ„˘ and foursquareâ„˘.
- Multitasking support. Clear, turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
- Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar and maps.
- Designed for iPhone and iPad
- Landscape/portrait orientation option
- 2D/3D driving view
- Advanced lane guidance
- Automatic day & night mode
- Clear voice instructions
- Spoken street names (2)
- Fast route recalculation
- Multi-stop routes
- Eco Routes
- Millions of pre-installed POIs
- Help me! emergency menu
- Audio output switch to stream audio to the TomTom Hands-free car kit (Bluetooth A2DP)
- Celebrity voices (Available via in-App purchase)
- Car symbols
- Map colors
- Share your destination via email, Facebookâ„˘ or Twitterâ„˘
- See http://www.tomtom.com/iphone for full feature descriptions
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AK, CA.
- See http://goo.gl/WsBEI for country abbreviations
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3G, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 2nd gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone and iPod touch are not supported.
(1) Compatible with iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S, iPad WiFi + 3G models. If youâ€™d prefer to use your existing subscription on your iPad, restore your purchases within the TomTom app on your iPad. The app will prompt you to transfer your subscription between your iPhone and iPad.
(2)Announces street names in the following languages: English US, Spanish, French.
(3)Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(4)Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
May 02, 2013 New version 1.14
February 08, 2013 New version 1.13
December 15, 2012 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $35.99
November 29, 2012 New version 1.12
August 22, 2012 New version 1.11
December 17, 2009 Initial Release