What's New- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- ADVANCED PLANNING UPDATE: change your pre-planned route without having to start from scratch. You can now change the starting point, destination, or departure time and see how it affects your drive and arrival time.
- KEEP YOUR SETTINGS: If you are using the iCloud backup feature you can now delete the app to free up space when updating. Make sure that iCloud is enabled on your device. Then open and close the TomTom app to make a backup. Now delete the app to free up space and download the update from the App Store.
- iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd gen. users (and other users of iOS4.x): this is the last version of the TomTom app that will support your device.
App DescriptionTomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation thatâ€™s trusted by 70 million drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldnâ€™t be easier. Youâ€™ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigationâ€™s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and youâ€™ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. Itâ€™s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
- TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad â€“ so you can plan a new route, get re-routed, or search for points of interest. Without needing data coverage.
- FREE Lifetime Maps. Always drive with the latest map and get to your destination faster. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
- FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
- IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
- HD Traffic. Faster. Proven. (available via in-app purchase)(1)
- Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebookâ„˘ and foursquareâ„˘.
- Multitasking support. Clear, turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
- Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
- Designed for iPhone and iPad
- Landscape/portrait orientation option
- 2D/3D driving view
- Advanced lane guidance
- Automatic day & night mode
- Clear voice instructions
- Spoken street names (2)
- Fast route recalculation
- Multi-stop routes
- Eco Routes
- Millions of pre-installed POIs
- Help me! emergency menu
- Audio output switch to stream audio to the TomTom Hands-free car kit (Bluetooth A2DP)
- Celebrity voices (Available via in-App purchase)
- Car symbols
- Map colors
- Share your destination via email, Facebookâ„˘ or Twitterâ„˘
- See http://www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone for full feature descriptions
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AK, CA.
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3G, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 2nd gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone and iPod touch are not supported.
(1) Check http://iphone.tomtom.com for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
(2)Announces street names in the following languages: English US, Spanish, French.
(3)Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
(4)Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
November 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $35.99
October 24, 2013 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $35.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.15.1
May 02, 2013 New version 1.14
December 17, 2009 Initial Release