148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: NOT ENOUGH :: Read Our Full Review >>
RTS games, thus far, have had to give up far too much on the iPhone to be really good... and Battle of WWII is no exception.
What's New- Increase performance for the skirmish map's on
iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2Gen
- New Intro Video
- Frame Rate Information added
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have any sound problems, please pull-down the notification center. Thank you!
App DescriptionPlace yourself in the position of the 9th Division of the US Army and fight through the hostile territories of the Normandy in World War II. Assist the allies in Operation Overlord, in order to destroy the German supremacy in Europe.
In this realtime strategy game, you control various units such as solders, tanks, guns, jeeps and artillery. Crush your opponents with clever tactical attacks and do not allow any setbacks happen. Explosions, fire and smoke come from all directions. When in the towns however, ensure that you do not raze your friends´ remaining buildings to the ground.
- a campaign mode
- a single player mode for rapid combat in between
- 12 missions
- 14 elaborately produced maps
- 4 chance continuous cards for never-ending game fun
- 18 different units
- a resources system
- purchasing of units during the game
- use veterans from the last game
- break units down into groups for an even better game tactic
- static shadows for the terrain
- blob shadow for units
- tanks can snap trees
- collapsing and burning buildings
- max. 4 player profiles
- complete instructions in the game
Minimum system requirements
iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2Gen
iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3Gen
Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or higher
German, English and French
May 06, 2011 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> FREE!
April 30, 2011 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> FREE!
December 05, 2009 Initial Release