What's NewThis version fixes a problem with Augmented Reality views flickering on iPhone 4 devices.
App DescriptionWelcome to WhereMark! The augmented reality app that will enhance how you experience your environment. WhereMark will find your next meal, get you to the nearest subway, lead you to a museum and remember where you parked your car. You can even create your own wheremarks, augmenting reality however you like - remember a new nightspot or favorite place in the park. Look through the Visor to see wheremarks floating in the world.
WhereMark works on iPhone 3GS, and 4.0
WhereMark is a quick reference that lets you explore and learn with Wikipedia entries and local search. Search the area to find what you are looking for and then call or get directions right from the app.
Keep a travel companion in your pocket. WhereMark will deliver you to a museum or a place to eat wherever you are in the world.
Get going! WhereMark will find the nearest Metro / Tube / Subway, Bus or Train. See how far they are and get directions. A 2-D map is available for navigation and reference.
Favorite spot? WhereMark it! You can augment your own reality by saving locations with descriptions, categories, phone numbers and more.
* Explore your surroundings and augment reality by category: Bar, Dining, Museum, Landmark, Subway, Bus, Train
* Learn about what is near you through Wikipedia entries in augmented reality
* Find what you're looking for with local search and get the number to call, visit the website or get directions
* Save your search results to keep them handy
* Radar displays blips for the wheremarks that are all around you
* Create your own wheremarks to remember new favorites, old standbys, or just the car
* Control the range of the Visor by using pinch gestures - view wheremarks as far as 3.2 miles (5 km) away
WhereMark is for the iPhone 3GS.
WhereMark will only show locally saved wheremarks when the app starts up. To augment reality fast, tap the gear then the Wikipedia button. WhereMark will display results in the Visor up to 3.2 miles (5 km) away. Pinch the screen to increase the range. The arrows icon will let you select a category. You can also tap the radar to launch the search screen - try 'pizza'.
WhereMark operation is dependent on the accuracy of the GPS and compass readings. It's a phone, not a cruise missile. Being indoors or near metal objects will cause inaccuracies. WhereMark is not made for use in the car, and operating the app at speed will degrade performance.
May 15, 2011 New version 1.1.7
May 12, 2011 New version 1.1.6
December 14, 2009 Initial Release