• Bug fix: fixed an issue where text might disappear if line height or word spacing was not correct
• Override the app language in the settings (use English no matter the iOS language)
• More quotes: get a different quote for every day of the year
• Turn off the text indentation in the plays
• Minor UI improvements
We love your feedback! Please send us more and join our beta testing program to get early releases.
Shakespeare Pro® includes complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and search the concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
Have a question? Read our FAQs: http://bit.ly/shakesfaqs
See what these users are saying about Shakespeare Pro:
“It’s really great!”
—Kenneth Branagh, actor and director
“‘The app’s the thing.’ Hamlet was almost right. Great to see Shakespeare Pro superplaying with Shakespeare’s plays.”
—David Crystal, linguist and author of Shakespeare's Words
“The Shakespeare Pro App is simply terrific and filled with loads of wonderful information!”
—Ken Ludwig, Tony and Olivier Award Winning Playwright
Shakespeare Pro for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is packed with these impressive features:
••• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent over two years compiling and editing the best references available. In the updated editions, the text is even more clear and each individual character is uniquely identified.
••• FIRST FOLIOS AND QUARTOS in original spelling show the works as they were originally published in Shakespeare’s time.
••• AN INTEGRATED GLOSSARY, based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare’s Words™ is included. Simply tapping on a word will display its definition in context (not just a general definition).
••• ADD YOUR OWN NOTES AND SHARE THEM with your friends and colleagues. Organize your notes into notebooks for use in the classroom, theatre, or just to remember key facts. Share them via email or AirDrop.
••• POWER SEARCH THE WORKS by customizing multiple parameters like gender, work, language, line form, stage directions and more.
••• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, display long or short character names, jump around to different scenes, and view line numbers (*read the note below about line numbering).
••• BOOKMARK YOUR FAVORITE PARTS in addition to remembering the last page you viewed. Even copy/paste that great line.
••• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
••• CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS help you better understand the actions and motivations of every character.
••• GET THE FACTS by reading up on Shakespeare’s life, view data and chronology about his works, and an overview of scansion terminology. Character Arc Visualizers show individual character arcs or allow for comparison of multiple characters.
••• SHAKE YOUR DEVICE for Shakespeare himself to display a random memorable quote or insult. Or get a new random quote every day.
••• BROWSE THE GALLERY of famous Shakespeare portraits.
••• TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE, a series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare’s plays aimed at a younger audience, are included for free.
••• THE SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT® is your virtual ticket to events and exhibitions all over the world. Just show the passport on your device for great benefits at participating venues. More information at ShakespearePassport.com.
••• BARDFIND™ is the easiest way to find a Shakespeare theatre or venue anywhere in the world.
These are just a few highlights of the great things in Shakespeare Pro. If you’re a student, professor, actor, or just plain love the Bard, this must-have app ensures you have the complete works at your fingertips.
Like the new features? Having trouble and need support? Let us know at [email protected], at playshakespeare.com/support, on Twitter @playshakespeare, or Facebook facebook.com/PlayShakespeare
*NOTE: Line numbers are NOT the same between different editions of Shakespeare’s plays, though they are relatively close. All editions all have slightly different line numbering due to the way each editor approaches the texts. See the Help section for additional information.
- August 01, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- August 03, 2011 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- November 26, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- November 28, 2011 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- May 08, 2012 New version 1.5
- July 31, 2012 New version 1.5.1
- August 02, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- August 04, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99
- October 05, 2012 New version 1.5.2
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- November 26, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99
- May 14, 2013 New version 1.6
- May 29, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- August 04, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- August 06, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99
- November 02, 2013 New version 1.6.6
- November 20, 2013 New version 1.6.7
- November 29, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 02, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 16, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> FREE!
- January 18, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $9.99
- January 21, 2014 New version 1.6.8
- April 08, 2014 New version 1.6.9
- April 24, 2014 New version 126.96.36.199
- July 24, 2014 New version 2.0
- August 04, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.1
- November 03, 2014 New version 2.1.2
- January 29, 2015 New version 188.8.131.52
- February 06, 2015 New version 3.0.1
- March 17, 2015 New version 3.0.2
- May 18, 2015 New version 3.1
- August 06, 2015 New version 3.2
- August 27, 2015 New version 3.3